changing character "class" name

I think you can, with basic script editing skills, you can figure that out by yourself.

I don't know much about Avadon, but try looking for a script that contains all the characters (technically, the mobs of the game e.g. goblin wretch or something like that). Then, try using the ctrl + f command to look for Shadowwalker, Sorceress, Shaman etc. then edit the name. This information is pretty inaccurate; I'm not 100% exact about what I just said, but it might help a little.

But if what you meant is to change the class name on the character creation screen, that might be impossible because it is already included in the game engine.

To change your character name, simply press your name on the character sheet or in the inventory UI window.

Just hope this helps.

-----

-Nightwatcher

@Nightwatcher: The poster is asking about AEFTP, not Avadon.

@Mashedtaters: Welcome to the forums, and please disregard the above post.

I don't know of any way to do what you're asking, but since the "class title" doesn't appear anywhere in the game except the character creation screen, it really doesn't matter. May I suggest changing your character's name to "Knight Joe" or "Assassin Bill"?

Geneforge has more character customization than Avadon. Avadon's classes determine which abilities you'll have. Geneforge's just determine which skills are cheaper. You can't make a sorceress who excels at melee combat no matter what you do.

—Alorael, who wouldn't try to make a melee lifecrafter. Among other reasons, there's the shock trooper for that. But you can if you want to!