Composer of "The Symphony of Spam"?

RobertAKARobin

This is a long shot, but years ago a proto-meme on these boards was "RAGE POLAR BEAR", which was a reference to this symphony a Spiderwebber composed, I think while in music school. If I remember correctly, his name was something like Ben Rogers.

At any rate, I love listening to this thing and would love to have it rerecorded more professionally. Are there any old-timer Spiderwebbers around who might know how to get in touch with this guy?

Gracias!

Close. I'm the one who brought the music to Spiderweb. The composer was an acquaintance of mine, but it's been a long time since we've been in touch, and he's no longer really involved in music as far as I know. I could try to get in touch with him, though, and I could probably acquire the score even if that's not possible.

—Alorael, who would also love to have a professional recording. He doesn't have access to any orchestras for hire, or none that will work with the budget he could provide.

[strong expression of surprise], Aloreal. I started on these boards when I was about 12 and you were here then. I've only popped in every 6 or so months over the past 8-ish years and am always surprised to see you're still active, and still writing your signature the same way. I should have known it was you. :)

If you guys aren't in touch it's no big deal. I don't really have an orchestra at my disposal either; just thought it might be a fun side project. However, should your paths cross I'd love to get his e-mail... or you can give him mine: hello@robertgfthomas.com. Good to see you!

Edited by Student of Trinity
We're fussier now.

So I have slightly edited versions of three of the four pieces in the Symphony of Spam: Verification Required by Visa, Fwd: (no subject), and Harder Quickerr and Longer. All I did was make the quiet parts a bit louder (though they could stand to be louder still) and cut out some of the noise between songs.

If anyone is interested, send Dikiyoba a PM with your e-mail, and Dikiyoba will send them to you.