(gene)forge your own adventure!

I've decided to make a choose your own adventure-style thread/game, there's nothing silly enough going on here, i fear the fluffy turtles are growing weaker.

there is no set system to this game, you will be given a set of choices and you play by picking one.

Additionally you can specify your own action under the choice (it will receive priority if it's possible to do) and additional actions.

The plot is set in The Geneverse but absolutely no connections will be made to the game's heroes and/or enemies.

I hope this doesn't break any forum rules.

So let's begin:

The time is after Geneforge 5, you are a young apprentice in a shaper school, today is your grand exam, you are to make your first creation, a fyora, without any use of shaping equipment, pass and you will actually learn about creating more than a fyora, fail and another year of shaping history and goop.

You are just about to finalize the creation, but you forgot how the make the damn fire glands.

You may:

-Improvise

-Request aid from teacher

-Cheat

(You also need a nice name.)

Notes:

Quest log

-Get Greymold for "other villager" in "encampment".

You attempt to incorporate what you heard, after some hard work you realize you did all you could.

The creation is finished, it's bulging and looks unstable, it looks like it's in incredible pain.

Your teacher is just about to check on you.

-Attempt to correct flaws

-Begin anew

-request assistance from teacher

-listen to voice more

-specify action

You feel like you're being watched from outside.

Listening further to the voice, you keep changing the creation until it looks nothing like a fyora, in fact it looks like nothing you've ever seen, it bears no features whatsoever, standing like a pillar of flesh.

It doesn't look in pain anymore, once you are done, you can sense more essence is being produced within the creature.

Your teacher knocks on the door.

-specify action

Cautiously approach the newly emerged fyora, and see if he appears friendly. If so, throw my cloak over the spawner (to hide it), call the teacher back, and tell them that we shaped a fyora. If not, check if there is anything nearby that I could use to defend myself.

The fyora appears completely friendly, however you have no direct control over it, you must instead command the spawner to tell the fyora what to do.

You clean up the fyora and call your teacher after covering the spanwer, he is very happy with what he sees.

However he is distracted by a revolting bubbling noise...

-input action

Your desperate ploy works and the teacher finishes examining the fyora, then heads to check the next room for the bubbling noise, meanwhile you absorb both the spawner and fyora.

Weeks later, you have become a shaper apprentice.

Before you can learn further, you must do a specific task, there is a large number of weak rogues under a nearby town, you are sent to exterminate them.

Notice: You now know: Firebolt, Searer, Icy rain, Create Fyora, Create Artila, Create Thagd, Daze, War blessing , Protection, cure affliction, minor heal.

Notice: You are in possession of 10 healing pods, 5 curing pods, 3 essence pods, equipped boots, dagger, cloak, chitin armor and iron shield.

Notice: this is only so you know exactly what you are capable of, there are no stats or anything.

You are standing outside of the school.

-Go east to town

-Go west to forest

-Go straight to encampment

Villager one: Welcome shaper, this is the Freethought encampment, where those few who liberated themselves from the politics of the world reside.

We could use your assistance, and assist you as well, you should go see the leader. However if you can find some greymold, i would be very thankful, legend has it it's a specific plant with amazing healing properties. (yes the greymold from Avernum, don't worry about it)

added a quest log.

added quest to quest log.

your IQ expands by 1.5. (smirk)

Mage: Hello shaper, this is the Temparance outpost....oh Bob already told you, didn't he... "Freethought encampment"? that's so like Bob. He always ruins my guest routine. Now back to business, you don't have any with me unless you express your willingness to help us, no we do not want you to ally with us, we're non-political after all, we just want an agreement. You should talk to the leader to find out what i mean.

The Epic Ornk of Doom generates an incredible aura of power and does absolutely nothing.

Village leader:Welcome, this is the....oh really, REALLY, fair enough... Anyway, this encapment is populated by the very few people who do not wish to be on any "side" on Terrestia, we are neutral to all and hope that all will be neutral to us. This teaching was passed on to us by our master, you could say he was a faction on his own while he was alive.

However, the lack of organization and resources has been an issue, if we were to somehow get more food, we could start saving up, but merely sustaining our people is too hard right now, as you can see many have left. We are also having trouble with a nearby clawbug nest.

-Ask about clawbugs

-input food-related action

-State that you agree with his thoughts about non-politicism

-input other action here