Avadon Preview on Indie RPGs

Ceiling Durkheim

So, for some reason this never made it onto the Spiderweb news page. It's been mentioned in a couple of other threads, but mostly buried in topics that don't obviously relate to it, so I figured it deserved a post of its own. It's got a lot of meat to it compared to most previews. It includes about an hour of gameplay with the new tinkermage class; if you look closely, you can see in-game listings for almost all of said class's skills.

http://indierpgs.com/2013/09/indierpgs-com-checks-out-avadon-2/

This preview claims the estimated release date is the end of October, but I'm not sure how much trust to put in that:

http://leviathyn.com...uption-preview/

The information is substantially correct. However Jeff reserves the right to change the release date at a whim. :)

I'm really hoping the dude on Leviathyn is correct about the release date, as I'm champing at the bit for Avadon 2. Both because I'm curious to see how the story continues, and because the original Avadon had a lot of gameplay ideas that I very much liked. It had a lot of flaws too, but it sounds like Jeff has worked hard to fix many of them. A game that was like Avadon but without the low level cap, unbalanced/bottom-heavy skill tree, single-gender classes, and dissatisfying final boss fight would be a strong contender for my favorite Spiderweb game of all time.