Optimal faction choices for minimal plot contradictions *spoilers*

Terra_Ex

First time playing through the Geneforge series and I'm liking what I've played of it so far. I've just finished Geneforge 3 and will be looking to move onto Geneforge 4 soon. I've been trying to keep my faction choices as close to what seems to be the "canon" route as possible, and yes I'm aware that the endings don't always tie in perfectly with the subsequent but so far it's been close enough. My choices so far have been:

G1 - Pro Shaper, killed trajkov & goettsch, sided with Obeyers, didn't use the Geneforge.

G2 - Powergamed, sided with most factions in turn then wiped the lot out and reported back to the shapers for a pro-shaper ending.

G3 - Mostly pro-rebel, started out pro-shaper and transitioned across to the rebel side as that's where the plot seemed to want me to go and it felt like a natural progression. Litalia flipped out at the end, mistaking me for a shaper loyalist (a bug, presumably from glancing at the scripts) and attacked me in the geneforge but for continuity reasons I'll pretend that didn't happen. Killed Rahul and sailed away with Akhari Blaze's blessing.

Now I'm probably going to play through the Avernum remake next to give myself a bit of a break from the Geneforge series, however when I return, which path/faction in Geneforge 4 leads most "cleanly" into Geneforge 5 with the fewest plot contradictions? I did read a suggested set of faction choices for each game on this very board a while back but can't find it for the life of me now...

Plot Spoilers Ahead (duh!)

Geneforge 5 mostly seems to assume the G4 PC helped the rebels at the end of the game. The great project of the Drakons is completed and functioning in G5. The only major character from G4 that I recall being canonically dead in G5 is Miranda (if you go rebel in the endgame, you'll get to kill her).

No matter what you do, which side or path you take, at least one major NPC will get killed in the final battle of G4 who is alive in G5.

The bulk of your actions in G4 have no continuity implications.

If you check the G4 Strategy Central, sticky-ed near the top of this forum, there is a link discussing optimal choices to milk as many rewards as possible out of both factions.

• 1 month later...

G1 milk all of the factions and manipulate the serviles

G2 - Join one of the factions that augumemt you. Being Pro-shaper only gives you fast skills, but get more if you join the other factions.

G3 - pro rebel

G4 - Double agent. Milking the best out of both sides makes you more powerful.

G5 - can't answer this as I haven't Finished it.

Yeah but I don't want to be augmented soooo...... that's out completely. When I have the option to never use the canisters, I prefer to go down that route for G2 &3. In G4 & 5 you are already augmented so I don't mind using some canisters, and well you have to use some in the first unless you are using no magic or shaping or healing even...

Besides joining a faction that augments you has plot contradictions in G2, if you care about that of course.