Avadon 2 trailer posted to youtube

The Reverend

horrible music and bad video quality and not much new since screencaps.

You can upgrade the video quality by clicking the little gear in the lower left corner.

I agree about not much new that we didn't see in the screenshots - I was hoping for more tidbits ... The only thing I gleaned was the name of the heart we report to, and some of the places on the map we get to visit. I was hoping for tidbits about the new character class, but I guess we'll just have to wait until it comes out. Or bribe the beta testers. :grin:

Earth Empires,

I couldn't agree with you more. I thought that Avadon 1 had much better music. Avernum Escape from the Pit was up there, Avernum 6 was even more monks, Avernum 5 while I never completed it, had my favorite/the best music. It sounded eerily cool and nefarious. Geneforge 5's music was cool too.

Fascinating. I though the A6 theme was excellent, the A:EFTP theme pretty good, the Avadon theme quite boring, and I rather liked the theme to this trailer too. No one would mistake it for Bach, but I enjoyed it.

The trailer itself...ehh, I agree Nikki that SW trailers are just generally underwhelming. So much of the greatness of Jeff's games is the worldbuilding, the the flavor, the little details and puffs of humor that appear in the text. Trailers tend to be all about visuals, and visuals are one of the weakest areas of Jeff's games.

Wow, there were trailers for previous games? I've really been out of the loop.

But yes, there's basically no way to make SW games work well in a trailer format. It ends up looking sort of silly: hey, you can point and click! And then the characters, like, move there! Plus there are items! That you can pick up!