A6: Ending (maybe spoiler)

Hi guys, what do you guys think of Avernum 6 ending?

Me I think it's a huge disappointment. Avernum could not even tame the caves not even with their magic (and they can use it more free then the Empire can.) I thought that they could experiment on the other plants (like the cavewoods fruits) and even modificating the lizards with their magic. But no they kept trying to modificate the old stupid mushroom that doesn't even taste good. Now they have let quite a large piece of avernites lands out of their control (yes because the don't have enough soldiers nor people worth defending those lands) and now the way i'm seeing these things, Melanchion will be the one that holds most of the power in Avernum. I think that creature is very arrogant in it's own ways.

Yes, I thought that finally there is an ending were the people go back to the surface to live up there, because my opinion is that no human should live in caves :mellow: . NO!!

What I wanted for avernum is a happy ending. Where finally they tame those caves and makes it beautiful and having peace with all the races and trade and live in peace with them.

maybe they didn't get a chance to because they always were harassed by something that wanted to destroy them or take the caves from them.

But anyway avernum is back the way I suppose it should be. A place that is not tamable by civilized surfaceworlders ( giving the avernites centuries to live in peace could have helped them a lot to advance in many ways an example: Magic, Fighting styles, and fashion styles :grin:.)

Well I want to hear your opinions guys so post and be kind. :blush:

P.S maybe if the Vahnatai people could have teach us the way to make crystals souls which they will never do, we could have summoned the old powerful archmages to help avernum with their struggles. :) or if the mages in avernum could stop tempering with the Infernals realms and focus on more pressing matters things could have gone much more easier for everyone in Avernum.

There are very real reasons why Avernum couldn't overcome its difficulties, besides just Jeff wanting to end it all. It's hinted at since X2 that the type of expansive civilization in Avernum isn't feasible; the caves can't support that much life indefinitely. However, the imperial (I would argue) Avernite kingdom continued to gobble up, develop, and expand throughout Exile and the Northern Frontier without much thought to long term stability. I mean, even the Vahnatai go into their long rests to allow for the caves to regenerate, and it always seemed to me given what we see of the Olgai tribe during X2 that even still the Vahnatai had far less grandiose development and extraction of resources.

Hi guys, what do you guys think of Avernum 6 ending?

Me I think it's a huge disappointment. Avernum could not even tame the caves not even with their magic (and they can use it more free then the Empire can.) I thought that they could experiment on the other plants (like the cavewoods fruits) and even modificating the lizards with their magic. But no they kept trying to modificate the old stupid mushroom that doesn't even taste good. Now they have let quite a large piece of avernites lands out of their control (yes because the don't have enough soldiers nor people worth defending those lands) and now the way i'm seeing these things, Melanchion will be the one that holds most of the power in Avernum. I think that creature is very arrogant in it's own ways.

Yes, I thought that finally there is an ending were the people go back to the surface to live up there, because my opinion is that no human should live in caves :mellow: . NO!!

What I wanted for avernum is a happy ending. Where finally they tame those caves and makes it beautiful and having peace with all the races and trade and live in peace with them.

maybe they didn't get a chance to because they always were harassed by something that wanted to destroy them or take the caves from them.

But anyway avernum is back the way I suppose it should be. A place that is not tamable by civilized surfaceworlders ( giving the avernites centuries to live in peace could have helped them a lot to advance in many ways an example: Magic, Fighting styles, and fashion styles :grin:.)

Your last sentence pretty much summarises why I consider Avernum 6 to have a happy ending. The magic of Exile/Avernum is mainly in the fact that it is *not* entirely fit for human habitation. It's an inherently hostile world which only the most brave and foolhardy can explore, not some magical sunshine land with a stifling bureaucracy.

Oh well I guess Avernum is more an adventurous world then ever cause of the ending that Jeff made and I always loved avernum for it's adventures that you can have in there and for it's magic ( I like magic, yes I do and a lot). Now that I think, Avernum full filled it's purpose. A place where you have tons and tons of adventures now that the caves are not really totally civilized.

I never played the exiles games and I guess I never will becuase I don't kinda like the old graphics and that why I don't play avenum first trilogy either ( just waiting for Jeff to to remake the first trilogy in a newer version) but can someone tell me what does exile have to do with avernum and their defs?

Avernum is a remake of the Exile series; Avernum basically did a find-replace on the scripts to change "Exile" to "Avernum" as well as give the series a face-lift, change some spells around, etc. So, Fort Avernum from the first game is called Fort Exile, among many other changes.

There's also an unofficial reconciliation between the two names, since they share the same universe. "Exile" is the name of the geographical location, whereas "Avernum" is the name of the political society. So, the Kingdom of Avernum controls the caves of Exile.