native rez wont run on my monitor! Help please?

thachamp05

I use an old crappy lg 42 inch lcd as a monitor. It really doesnt appreciate any rez except 1080p 720p 640x480 but odd resolutions sometimes work including 800x600 most of the time as long as the x or y is below 1080 it normally works but for some reason this wont. It says invalid format and i cant even use alt-tab, ctrl-alt-del etc to get the image back. The game i am trying to play is nethergate resurrection. I was excited to play these games :-(. Is there any way to force a semi-normal resolution???? Are there any other games in the bundle that will play nice with my tv??

http://spiderwebforums.ipbhost.com/index.php?/topic/18820-geneforge-windowed-mode/

Basically, only Geneforge 5 can be natively played in a window (for the geneforge series), but there's lots of container programs out there than can "encapsulate" it in a window (link to one of them in that post, you can probably also try google if downloading a rar archive containing executables from a bloke named "Hellriser" on a seedy win7 support forum makes you leery)

edit: Superuser has a couple solutions you can try.

Edited by A Closer Yell
Blee!