G1 - Merchant Prices...?

So I was buying things from a merchant in Vakkiri, and the prices were pretty good! Javelins were 6 each...

So after I do lots of stuff, like clearing the areas and little tasks for the Awakened guys, while demonstrating my support for their 'awakening'... I come back and he's charging way more than before. (16 per javelin)

I'm pretty sure I've asked this question in the past but I'm totally blanking and the search function turned up irrelevant stuff.

What changes their prices? I bought a few things and I think I sold him a lot... is it possible that because he has less overall money (from my selling him stuff) that he now charges more? It's weird to me, but I'm pretty sure being in good graces with the faction should make my prices BETTER, not worse...

I've noticied it too everytime I start up a new G1 game. Honestly, I could never explain it :-/. It always happens after you've explored the surrounding areas around Vakkiri. However, merchants are only useful in the ways of collecting money. Sell all the junk you found across the island, and drain them dry of cash. Soon you will need this money to buy skills from trainers. In Geneforge 1, there are 3 trainers. They'll give you skill points for cash. Saves you from using actual skill points in the 3 "General Skills: Leadership, Mechanics, and Luck. Get enough money, you can buy Luck all the way to level 30 :) .

Hope the advice helps

~RainbowDashRadical

• 8 months later...