Shockwave Bow and other Analysis

I'm not clear on whether the Shockwave Bow is better for it's supposed stunning (not sure what that does) or if it's better to fire say a composite longbow for more damage.

Also I'm not quite sure when a new sword is an upgrade and when it's not. Is a "jinx blade" good? I have a wave blade but it doesn't seem that overwhelming next to some others. I'm about mid game. Any advice generally on evaluating the various magic (or non magic) swords?

There are two measures:

Overall damage which is the easier one.

Special effects - either bonus damage or other than physical damage which helps against some monsters.

Stun - reduces the monster's action points in the next round and two stun hits may cause the monster to lose its next turn

Jinx - curse to weaken the monster's attack which isn't useful later in the game.

Also some weapons give extra action points or defense bonuses to damage.

As is true in D&D (God I wish this didn't get imported into every computer game), players are having to spend all the money they collect paying for training. It's like running for Congress and raising money. What happens when trainers accumulate huge masses of money just training my party?

Anyway, I kind of wish I had a "house" that I could store all the stuff I want to keep at least temporarily but don't want to carry. If I pick an abandoned house and store stuff in the chest does it stay there?

Don't feel obligated to buy training if there are other things you need to spend money on: yes, it's a near-infinite money sink, but you can do fine without ever paying for it. In particular, don't train extra levels in spells you already know: each extra level is equivalent to exactly one point of Spellcraft, but only for that specific spell.

Each point of Spellcraft gives a +1 bonus to all spells. Each point of Mage Spells and Priest Spells does the same, but for only that category of spells, but there are also minimum requirements to cast any particular spell. In general you want to get Mage/Priest high enough to cast everything you know or are likely to learn soon (so high enough for everything by the end of the game), and you raise whichever skill is cheapest otherwise. If your casters can cast both types of spells spellcraft is much better and you should focus on that.

—Alorael, who has seen the numbers crunched. Magical Efficiency's utility varies among games, but you don't need it, especially if you're willing to burn through a lot of potiosn. Spellcraft you need.