The dirty duo is back again

Ive exhausted my time on Avernum The Pit. I just finished a 2 man party in said game with 1 tank that had parry so high, he was nearly ever hit. With him I brought a priest who blasted enemies, hasted/blessed him and what not. It was a good team as the fighter always had someone to hit and took down enemies that were AOE'd by priest. Good times..

It seems that the Avernum series doesn't really matter whether you take a 2, 3 or even 4 man party as it seems that you just get extra exp. I thought of using a tank fighter with parry and a hedge wizard like in Avernum The Pit. I have 2 questions-

1-Does Avernum 5 have a 10 cap for stats such as parry. I want to place enough points for it to be useful but don't want to waste any. Im asking because I currently am almost finished with Geneforge 1 (which does have a 10 cap). I found the thread on Avernum 4 10 cap but cant find one for this game.

2-If I completed Avernum-The Pit with a 2 person party, is Avernum second trilogy possible with setup? I really liked the current setup but don't know if it will work. My idea is to have at least 1 character that can fight and another character that can blast fairly well (hasted) and heal and what not as well.

Thank you very much Lilith. I was waiting for someone to confirm that it will work. Im almost finished with Geneforge 1 (this time is easy as I know mechanics of game). It seems that as long as you have 1 tank and 1 bombardier in party, you can complete jeff's games on regular difficulties. So far its proven true-Geneforge, and now Avernum. Pure awesome.

Second trilogy games are completable by single characters so a duo will work fine.

Delicious Vlish used a duo in Avernum 4 that would approach melee monsters from two directions and space them far enough apart so an attack by one couldn't be reached by the monster. Then have the dying monster run back and forth as they alternated attacking each round. :)