Its about time to start from 4 RIGHT WAY

I played Escape from the Pit's remake and it was awesome.

I know its easy to get lost with your stats in these games (I restarted 2 times) so I just want to know what would be 3 GOOD stats to focus on for a tough fighter in Avernum 4. I thought that these 3 might work for the damage dealer-Strength, Hardiness, Endurance, and a little of whatever weapon I go with. Someone said that evasion doesn't work so I ask anyone about surviving this game like I did the remake. This is a straight out fighter so no dual-classing, just straight out slice and dice, take a few hits-damage dealer. Followed by a more tankish fighter and a priest and a mage for generalist 4 man or girl party. I already know how to make the priest and mage, I just need 3 skills on each of the fighters. Anymore than that and I'm confused.

I hope jeff can give some info on this as I purchased his hint book ;)

Jeff's advice isn't always that good.

Get Dexterity and Defense to 6 each so you can start putting points to Parry. Sure Jeff has nerfed it in every game since Geneforge 2, but it still will keep you from taking physical damage when it works and from some spells.

Get Endurance later in the game since it doesn't give that much extra health until you are over level 10.

Jeff's advice isn't always that good.

Get Dexterity and Defense to 6 each so you can start putting points to Parry. Sure Jeff has nerfed it in every game since Geneforge 2, but it still will keep you from taking physical damage when it works and from some spells.

Get Endurance later in the game since it doesn't give that much extra health until you are over level 10.

What if I take Elite warrior that gives parry and blade master? In a set of levels I'll have parry and blade master and by level 16 a decent return. Will I still need to get defense. I read on someone's thread which I don't remember that you can just forget about all the finesse/evasion in avernum and go all out with strength, endurance, hardiness, some quick action and skill with weapons.

That doesn't work on these games or did I read the wrong thread? It's annoying that I'm getting all the Avernum's mixed up :mad: