Creation Stat allocation: anybody do it?

Beyond the two points for intelligence, does anybody ever spend those points your creations get when they level up? I personally don't unless it's a "guest" character, since otherwise it subtracts from my essence, and this only gets worse when the creations get stronger.

But has anybody actually found it worthwhile to do this?

The first time I played a Shaper I tried enhanced creations, but the game favors more creations. In some places you don't even need the two points for intelligence.

Delicious Vlish played Geneforge 5 using clawbugs at the start without intelligence. Just let them go and stand back until everything is dead. See here.

In my Let's Play, as a Guardian I made a Fyora and an Artilla and whenever I got essence I dumped it into making them stronger. Always made sure I had around 20-30 essence for healing spells or emergencies, but aside from that I never made any more creations.

At least as far as you've seen if you watched. :3

One of the things I don't like about creations is that there is a paradox between keeping them or disposing of them. You can like the shaper-use them as disposable, which is useful somewhat. Or you can use them and keep them as a shocktrooper or guardian. The problem with that is that keeping any of the original creations or even tier 2 creations to the end of the game is like complete masochism. They will die in most normal fights. On the same end, there is no reason to keep tier 3 or more creations either as a shaper is constantly upgrading himself. So in reality, when jeff remakes the game, low, mid creations should have more survivability. As it stands now, I don't see any reason to keep a creation which sucks as it should be something that works. Seeing as it doesn't the game is more strategy/rpg and less rpg. The reason why is that your allies don't get upgraded like a normal game like Avernum or Avadon.

One of the things I don't like about creations is that there is a paradox between keeping them or disposing of them. You can like the shaper-use them as disposable, which is useful somewhat. Or you can use them and keep them as a shocktrooper or guardian. The problem with that is that keeping any of the original creations or even tier 2 creations to the end of the game is like complete masochism. They will die in most normal fights. On the same end, there is no reason to keep tier 3 or more creations either as a shaper is constantly upgrading himself. So in reality, when jeff remakes the game, low, mid creations should have more survivability. As it stands now, I don't see any reason to keep a creation which sucks as it should be something that works. Seeing as it doesn't the game is more strategy/rpg and less rpg. The reason why is that your allies don't get upgraded like a normal game like Avernum or Avadon.

This is actually something that varies a lot between different games in the Geneforge series. Some incentivise disposable creations to the point where you should usually absorb all your old creations and make new ones every time you put a point into a Shaping skill; others incentivise keeping creations alive to the point where having a full squad of second-tier creations is not just viable but game-breakingly powerful right up into the endgame.

Well Ive played Geneforge 1, 2, and 4 the most, although I only finished 1. In each of those games-Artila, fyora, thahds, claw bugs, and to a lesser degree vlish will die in less than 3 hits with them dying in 1 hit in the first 2 games. All tier 2 creations and below won't make it past the fens of aziraph in Geneforge 4. The reason why is that even if you run past them, all they need to do is gang up on 1 and hit them once. This didn't happen in Geneforge 3 as much because 3 from what I can remember was more balanced and still had the old ap system.

I even managed to keep a thahd past 40% of the game. I doubt you can make it any farther though. Geneforge 1 and 2 are ridiculous with regards to the power of late creations. Fighting Glaakhs in general is masochistic and suicidal even with backup creations because they stun you making them extremely deadly in the first 2 games.

I think it was the Vlish that got me annoyed and the Glaakhs that finished off what little sanity the vlish left me with. As for Trajkov, he is a tool. My agent didn't have much trouble with him once I figured him out. That was poor balancing the fact that 1 glaahk can give more problems when you first face the thing than the main bad guy can later.