Quick Question about Bahssikava

I've been playing Bahssikava for the past few days, and I got to the Machinery area, where you have to redirect beams to power up power sources to open doors.

Normally I'm fine with puzzles involving mirrors and/or beams, but the problem is that whenever I turn on a power source for any door other than the first one that lets you into the main hallway, it produces the lightning sound of something getting powered up every single turn. I even tried to walk past them in combat mode, but that made things worse by making the sound go off every time a party member takes a step.

As a result of these repetitive zaps, it makes walking around in this area a real pain. Is there any way this can be remedied, or am I doomed to having to edit in beam projectors to turn on the final door to cut down on slowness?

Oh. I thought that would just act as a normal mute, and not eliminate the pause. I guess I'll just turn the sound off for that portion of the scenario from now on.

It's still a little weird, though, that those power sources make the zap noise every step, whereas the power source in the first room doesn't.

The idea is that certain power sources need continuous power, and certain ones don't. The ones that do need a terrain script that turns them off regularly. I set it so that they'd turn off every step, although in hindsight that probably wasn't necessary.

It shouldn't slow you down a lot, though. I'm not sure why that's happening. But it's easily fixed.

• 4 weeks later...

The idea is that certain power sources need continuous power, and certain ones don't. The ones that do need a terrain script that turns them off regularly. I set it so that they'd turn off every step, although in hindsight that probably wasn't necessary.

It shouldn't slow you down a lot, though. I'm not sure why that's happening. But it's easily fixed.

While a sound is playing, the game is effectively on pause until it's finished. That means every step takes at least as long as it takes to play the sound.

I know, but the sound is short. It's not long enough to slow the game down a lot by itself. If the game is spending time loading the sound and then transitioning — in other words, filling in silence around the sound — then I could imagine it slowing down the game a lot, but it shouldn't be doing that.