A5- Quest problems

Zalman

Only my first day and I already run into trouble...

I got the quest lowlands slime from New Hartson board, I go to one of the slime cave entrances and get the messge that it escaped, I go down and the cave is empty, I already cleared it, probably before I got the mission. I waited and walked around the S-E area a long time waiting for it but didnt show up...

Well I really tried to get into A5 but its just not working, if I had to reload literaly 20 times to kill some slimes something is wrong.. Either enemies are rediculously over powered or I did something wrong making me very weak, even the weakest creature kills me and medium foes take average 10 tries to kill... and all of this just in the Hartson area..

Lark doesnt have augmentation spell but thats not the point.. Im going through healing potions, energy potions even food to barely stay alive and like I said its the first part of the game, so I dont have a chance, even magical rats gave me a hard time and then game praises me as a "soldier of the empire".

I want to start over but I need a good party creation guide to explain skills, traits, battle diciplines..etc

This thread in particular contains advice on how to build a party for the highest difficulty setting, so on lower difficulties following the advice should make the game a breeze.

A word of advice: nephilim and sliths are much stronger than humans, and positive traits like Divinely Touched, Elite Warrior and Natural Mage are very helpful, despite the experience penalty.