Jump to content

Harehunter's Haven has a new home


Harehunter
 Share

Recommended Posts

Harehunter's Haven has a new home

 

www.harehunter.info

 

My BoE pages include a BoE graphics search engine similar to Brett Bixlers Louvre for BoA graphics.

 

I also have a Visual Basic version of the BoE scenario editor that has some nice features, most importantly being able to tie a description to a Stuff Done flag and to see that description in the special node editor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

If you are doing VB because you can't find a decent IDE for C++, Bloodshed DevC++ is okay but is no longer supported.

Code Blocks is supported but it derails at Gamedlog.rc, for whatever reason. The BoA 3D Editor code, by contrast, compiles properly. Maybe I can rewrite the BoE code to imitate the BoA variety.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you are doing VB because you can't find a decent IDE for C++, Bloodshed DevC++ is okay but is no longer supported.

Code Blocks is supported but it derails at Gamedlog.rc, for whatever reason. The BoA 3D Editor code, by contrast, compiles properly. Maybe I can rewrite the BoE code to imitate the BoA variety.

 

you sure about that? I've compiled CBoE fine in Code::Blocks (using MinGW)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, I am sure. It happens with monotonous regularity. I am using the 2007 source code.

 

No problems with CPP files, headers, BlScened.rc or Strings.rc, only problem is with Gamedlog.rc.

Last file starts thus:

800 DIALOG 10, 10, 517, 233

STYLE WS_POPUP | WS_DLGFRAME

{

DEFPUSHBUTTON "" 1, 182, 238, 31, 10

LTEXT "6_0" 2, 351, 34, 250, 22

LTEXT "6_0" 3, 351, 96, 250, 16

 

Seems it can't handle the first line and the lines starting with LTEXT.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I haven't been involved in the development process, but I understand that SW's original code is pretty badly out of date and broken on modern systems. You may have more luck with the latest version of the community-developed project (recently moved to Github from Google Code). Before attempting to debug the 2007 code, you should definitely give that a try.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Actually, I wrote it in VB for two reasons, 1) I didn't have access to a C environment at the time, but I did have a VB. 2) I am stronger in basic because of the database engine I was working on at that time.

 

I have Code::Blocks with MinGW installed on my machine, but I am totally swamped for time; Maybe this next resume will lead to hiring someone to take some of my workload.

 

I think I know enough C to convert the base logic, but one of the things I am having trouble with is building the forms. It seems simple enough at first, but Code::Blocks is very particular about using the GUI exclusively.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Debugging symbols tend to be very heavy, plus it'll depend a lot on what compiler you are telling Code::Blocks to use. MinGW should give a production binary around 700 KiB (with no optimization). Here's the path settings I use for compiling with Code::Blocks.

 

Also, Ishad, getting familiar with version control is a must. I'd highly recommend installing git (or svn in you fancy the gcode) on your system and learning the ropes. GitHub has made a very nifty installer and GUI interface for windows. It's actually a pretty good GUI, which surprised me some when I first tried it out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...