Exodus - Nathaganth's castle

Carranzero

From what I can remember of Nathaganth's Castle when I last played Exodus is that it's pretty much impossible to kill Nathaganth. After a few of his instant-death blasts, I even filled the room with Arcane Summon summons in an attempt to draw away said blasts, although I can't remember if I dealt any damage. I only remember getting sniped by a instant-death blast in the middle of the summoned crowd after a few turns. I think there was also a little "you-really-shouldn't-go-in-here-and-fight-this-guy" special encounter before entering his throne room, hinting that the fight may be a bad idea.

• 9 months later...

I still have no idea how to beat that freak called Wicked Mage! I saved right before entering but I gave up on this fight after a couple of hours... I even used the dark arts of the Character Editor to boost my 1000+ HP singleton's Riposte to 75 but to no use.. I stood there like forever while that lunatic was biting me to death every time.. I had some ring which damages the atacker for 20 upon recieving a hit, but in vain..

EDIT: I noticed priests can buff the party with Radiance shield (if I remember the name correctly) which, on higher spell levels, also provides a damage-return component! Alright, please excuse me, I have to replay Exodus now..