Exodus - Capture and Recall Soul

Carranzero

It sounds like what's happening is that the Recall Soul state is somehow being called when you're casting Capture Soul, but I have no idea why that is.

I did spot a small bug as I was looking over the states, though. Try replacing the equivalent file in the scenario folder with this: http://kppp.webs.com/exodus.txt

I don't know if that will do anything useful, but it might. Tell me what happens, and I may be able to hone in on the bug better.

I don't remember that particular exchange at all. How odd.

At any rate, I think we've solved the issue. With the fixed scenario script, it shouldn't be possible for Capture Soul or Recall Soul to produce nulls.

Um, there's still the issue that recalled creatures may occasionally show up as hostile. I'm not sure how to do anything about that one and am open to suggestions. Basically, there's no way that I'm aware of to track the creature number of a newly generated monster from place_monster(), so the closest I can come is to count backwards from the highest creature number possible and find the highest creature number actually in play in that town. This should be the most recently created creature. However, I can imagine, especially in a town with lots of summons, it might not be. Wherever I misidentify the monster placed by Recall Soul, the monster won't be friendly.