Lysstek the Beast-Lvl required?

Level is less important than stats and abilities. If you have at least one tanky fighter with the Bladeshield battle discipline, you're probably good to go.

Thats the problem though. It takes a skill lvl of 17 to get bladeshield from battle disciplines. How on earth do you even get close to that amount of skill in weapons at that lvl?? I currently have a skill lvl of 10 which took FOREVER to get to. Getting to lvl 17 is impossible unless your a slith and or a nephil with melee weapons on the side.

Nephils are good on everything and having custom made party helps more, I left Lysstak as last mission in that area besides upper Sliths.

to get battle disciplines you don't need to invest points to primary skill, invest points to poles, bows and thrown skills instead just to melee to get bds.

That still is ridiculous. How am I supposed to know from the beginning that I need to get that much skill to get past a boss. Its as if Im supposed to know what jeff is thinking. This is the problem I have had with these games-they require EXTREME grinding and almost perfection with skills. If you are one or 2 lvls off then you are screwed and have no chance to get past the game. You should be able to place your points where you want to.

Why cant any of these games have a normal lvling system. Avadon and the remake have normal lvling systems and dont require extreme micromanagement. I'd really like to talk to jeff and ask him just what he was thinking when he made this. I placed my points into everything the strategy central mentioned, I just dont get it.

Why cant any of these games have a normal lvling system. Avadon and the remake have normal lvling systems and dont require extreme micromanagement. I'd really like to talk to jeff and ask him just what he was thinking when he made this. I placed my points into everything the strategy central mentioned, I just dont get it.

And a number of old-time Spiderweb game players complained about Avadon's levelling system being too simplified, even though a major part of the motivation for simplifying it was to prevent people from running into the kind of game-ending problems that you've experienced with earlier games. You can't please everyone at once, unfortunately.

Part of the problem is Jeff made extensive changes to the game long after beta testers had completed this area. Three of the exploits I used here aren't possible anymore. You still can take advantage of terrain using a hidden passage and recruiting followers for this one fight.

<p><p>

And a number of old-time Spiderweb game players complained about Avadon's levelling system being too simplified, even though a major part of the motivation for simplifying it was to prevent people from running into the kind of game-ending problems that you've experienced with earlier games. You can't please everyone at once, unfortunately.

The problem is that it seems that the people that jeff used to try and please are the people that complain that the game is too hard (are they kidding?). The problem with this is that most players that just get into the game with no knowledge of any of his games, lvl their chars and get up to that fight-only to find that it is impossible due to jeff only making that part beatable with an exploit that a power gamer uses.The problem with that is that most people will NOT ever be able to beat his old games due to that. I partly am annoyed that jeff didn't figure out that this system is broken sooner rather than later.So basically Avernum 1-6, Nethergate Resurrection, and Geneforge 1-5 are not completable without resorting to power gaming stat building and masochism. Why would jeff do that?

I did it with 2 fighters + 2 casters and 2 helpers and casters stayed far (out of Lysstak's range) and fighters (sword-users) just focused on 1 Lysstak and casters healed and buffed chars when needed and otherwise threw lightning strikes on Lysstaks and helpers hit who they wanted until 1 died and then that fight was basically won.

It's not really that hard... I and others have done it as a torment singleton. Took a slew of items and many reloads (for me anyways), but still possible even then.

And don't worry, I put my sanity in for "safekeeping" a long time ago :p Been watching for a while, just haven't posted.

I finished Lysstak on Normal without Bladeshield. Level isn't important. I'd done everything else in the Drake Pillars region first, so I was whatever that worked out to.

First try the fight. If it's impossible, post your builds and we can try to analyze what went wrong. But before you've even tried it, going on a couple people's suggestions for what makes the fight easier is hardly reason to rage, quit the game, and ask for a refund.

—Alorael, who frequently has to remind people that perfect is the enemy of good. You don't need a perfect party, especially on Normal. Play the game, make reasonable party decisions (not optimal, just reasonable!) and everything will work out. If it's too hard you can always turn down the difficulty, too. Isn't that better than not being able to enjoy the game?