Not Another Mile Stone!

Rowen

"A milestone in your life draws near, but you will not reach it until you take this third and last part of the Pokémon Qualification Trainers Quiz you will have reached your very own milestone and will be certified to train your very own Pokémon! That is right, it is now time to take the last part of the Pokémon Quiz. You have passed the first two parts with flying Ho-Oh colors and even helped me recover all my stolen research; well, minus the legendary Pokémon. They all seemed to have escaped from their Pokéballs when the thief tried to use them in battle. But I imagine that they are much happier being free than being used by a thief. Oh, and Officer Jenny was able to retrieve this priceless painting that was stolen from me also. I always look at it and dream of what it must have been like to be there in the beginning. I hope it inspires for the quiz."

hED400B32

"Now where was I? Oh yes, your quiz. As a Pokémon trainer it will be important for you to know what to expect on the road ahead of you. You will face many Pokémon, and each one is different from the others in some way. Not only will you face Pokémon, but you will be compeating in the Pokémon League in a region and it is important to know what to expect from other trainers. Now time for your quiz!"

Part 3.A

This should be an easy warm up for you. Name all 17 different types of Pokémon. I even filled in the first blank for you to give you a head start.

1. Normal

2. Fighting

3. Flying

4. Poison

5. Ground

6. Rock

7. Bug

8. Ghost

9. Steel

10. Fire

11. Water

12. Grass

13. Electric

14. Psychic

15. Ice

16. Dragon

17. Dark

Part 3.B

This is were the quiz will separate the Oddishs among you from the Vileplumes so don't expect it to be easy. Remember to come together like the Magnemite do to make a Magneton and work together as a group.

There are five different known regions. Name all the gym leaders and gym badges from each region. Keep in mind that some gyms have had more than one leader and you need to know them both. Also, there are more than just eight badges in the Unova region. (All the gyms and badges needed to answer this part of the quiz can be found in the Pokémon Games: Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed, LeafGreen, Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heart Gold, Soul Silver, Black, White, Black 2, White 2.)

I will start you out off on this hard part of the quiz because I want to see you all pass!

Kanto Region

1. Brock - Boulder Badge

2. Misty - Cascade Badge

3. Lt. Surge - Thunder Badge

4. Erica - Rainbow Badge

5. Koga / Janine - Soul Badge

6. Sabrina - Marsh Badge

7. Blain - Volcano Badge

8. Giovanni / Blue - Earth Badge

Johto Region

1. Falkner - Zephyr Badge

2. Bugsy - Hive Badge

3. Whitney - Plain Badge

4. Morty - Fog Badge

5. Chuck - Storm Badge

6. Jasmine - Mineral Badge

7. Pyrce - Glacier Badge

8. Clair - Raising Badge

Hoenn Region

1. Roxanne - Stone Badge

2. Brawly - Knuckle Badge

3. Wattson - Dynamo Badge

4. Flannery - Heat Badge

5. Norman - Balance Badge

6. Winona - Feather Badge

7. Tate and Liza - Mind Badge

8. Wallace - Rain Badge

Sinnoh Region

1. Roark - Coal Badge

2. Gardenia - Forest Badge

3. Maylene - Cobble Badge

4. Crasher Wake - Fen Badge

5. Fantina - Relic Badge

6. Byron - Mine Badge

7. Candice - Icicle Badge

8. Volkner - Beacon Badge

Unova Region

1. Chili / Cress / Cilan - Trio Badge

2. Lenora / Cheren - Basic Badge

3. Burgh - Insect Badge

4. Elesa - Bold Badge

5. Clay - Quake Badge

6. Skyla - Jet Badge

7. Brycen - Freeze Badge

8. Drayden / Iris - Legend Badge

9. Roxie - Toxic Badge

10. Marlon - Wave badge

Part 3.C

It is not enough to know just about Pokémon from the current generation. You must also know as much as you can about what is coming too. Otherwise how can you become a Pokémon master?

Name all 6 confirmed Pokémon for the upcoming Pokémon X and Y games.

1. Chespin

2. Fennekin

3. Froakie

4. Xerneas

5. Yveltal

6. Sylveon

"That is it. Fill in all the correct answers and will be certified to become Pokémon trainers. I even have some special Pokémon that you can choose from as your very first Pokémon to get you started on your Pokémon journey."

For Pokemon types, we have flying, electric, bug, ghost, dark, fighting, water, fire, rock, grass, dragon, steel, ice, ground, poison, psychic... That's all that comes to mind at the moment.

Kanto Region

I can't remember most of the badges, maybe I'll have to look at my games for that. However, we have Brock, Misty (cascade badge?), Lieutenant Surge (thunder badge?), Erika, Blaine (volcano badge?), Giovanni (later replaced by Blue), Sabrina, Koga and then Janine after he went to the Elite Four.

Johto Region

Falkner (flying badge?), Bugsy (bug badge? shot in the dark), Whitney with the Plain Badge, Morty, Chuck (fighting badge?), Jasmine, Pryce with the Glacier Badge, and Clair (dragon badge?).

I hope this helps others to remember what I can't at the moment.

In Kanto, there's a Soul Badge and Marsh Badge, IIRC. Corresponds to Sabrina and Erika, maybe? Was Surge's something like the Bolt Badge?

Umm...one of the Hoenn leaders was Norman (Normal type). And one of the Sinnoh leaders was Volkner (Electric type). Oh, and Fantina, I think?

In Unova (at least in W/B), you face Cilan / Chili / Cress (Trio Badge?), Lenora, Elesa, Drayden / Iris, Clay, Skyla, Brycen, ...plus artistic bug dude. Blanking on the name.

For the Part 3.C, I know WHAT the six revealed Pokemon are, I just don't know their names. There an "X" Pokemon and a "Y" Pokemon (whose silhouettes correspond roughly to those letters and whose names use those letters). There's a new (type unknown) evolution of Eevee (so its name ends in "-eon"). And there are the three starter Pokemon, a water frog, fire fox, and grass...something.

For the Part 3.C, I know WHAT the six revealed Pokemon are, I just don't know their names. There an "X" Pokemon and a "Y" Pokemon (whose silhouettes correspond roughly to those letters and whose names use those letters). There's a new (type unknown) evolution of Eevee (so its name ends in "-eon"). And there are the three starter Pokemon, a water frog, fire fox, and grass...something.

Xerneas, Yveltal, Sylveon, Froakie, Fennekin and Chespin, respectively.

Well, I just checked my Unova badge case. I got the Basic badge from Lenora, the Insect badge from Burgh, the Quake badge from Clay, the Jet badge from Skyla, the Freeze badge from Brycen, and the Legend badge from Iris / Drayden.

I believe Cheren took over giving out the Basic badge in B2/W2. There are also two new gym leaders/badges in B2/W2; the leaders are Roxie and Marlon, but I haven't played those games enough to earn their badges, so I can't check the names so easily. :)

Norman, Norman, Norman... Hm... I've just defeated him a few weeks, ago. Ah, I remember, he gives a Balance Badge. (I play on an emulator :p)

------------

Also, Professor: you are insane. NO ONE remembers the names of BADGES!!!!

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Making Pokemon quizzes are effective in sundering all the hidden sanity left.

------------

-Test Subject 8552

I finally dug up my old copy of Emerald.

Roxanne has the stone badge, Brawly has the knuckle badge, Wattson has the dynamo badge, Flannery has the heat badge, Winona has the feather badge, Tate and Liza have the mind badge, and Juan has the rain badge.

A friend down the hall has been playing fifth gen. He says Roxie has the toxic badge and Marlon has the wave badge.

Unfortunately, that's all I can do. Someone else will have to get fourth gen.

(Now that real life is taken care of, time to get back to this.)

I have updated the correct answers in the quiz. Also, I hope none of you forgot to look at the wall where I have pictures of all the badges and gym leaders hung up. Look, there are the first four from the Sinnoh region on that wall.

2moz61j.pngqzr98w.png

2ypakph.pngaey64k.png

2i9o3k8.png2jzbq1.png

ip5vyq.pnghs47zo.png Crasher Wake -

actually the answer is still yes: http://cdn.calref.net/sylae/images/misc/2c86f24f.png (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:23.0) Gecko/20130411 Firefox/23.0).

these characters are supported in unicode and your system's default font should have them. You have a configuration error with your computer, and it would be of great benefit if you stopped speaking that which you do not understand, as it will mislead others.

Nope and no kanji in Firefox's language-list.

Changing the language in Firefox simply changes the language used in Firefox's menus. You need the Japanese character fonts installed. I'm assuming you have Windows XP, as Microsoft installs these fonts by default starting with Windows Vista. Here are the instructions.