Geneforge slow on Windows 8

Cmiller

I just recently bought my new Windows 8 laptop. Then a couple of days later installed the Geneforge series. And now i'm realizing how slow it is :-P. The character and enemies lag a lot on the screen and it takes a long time for the engine to process the next round. Is there anyway to make this game go faster on my Windows 8 laptop.

~Cmiller

If it's a low-end laptop you might want to disable some services. Barring that, make sure all your drivers are up to date -- even if it's a new laptop, manufacturers usually ship products with outdated drivers.

I was thinking more my computer is too advanced for the old Geneforge's. My Windows 7 is more low-ended than the windows 8, and it works a hecka lot more efficient than my new laptop :confused:

Try to start the game on incompatibility mode, XP or w7, also disable the extra effects, i don´t know if that option still exist on windows 8 , but start whit the g5 , that always did help me whit w7

Good luck .

Huh? I also have Windows 8, but it works fine. I didn't do anything at all. Try setting up the compatibility mode in the shortcut or something to Windows XP.

----------

-Test Subject 8552

You've probably seen the topic pinned to the tech forum, but if you haven't here it is.

If you're on a 64-bit machine, it could be a problem.

-CC-

Yes. And if in any case that is the problem, here's a link to a fix. http://www.sevenforu...ility-mode.html (they even mentioned SpidWeb software there!)

-------

Not wanting a double post, but I just found out there is a compatibility mode for Windows 7 in the properties of Geneforge 5 and other apps. Go try it out, if the problem isn't resolved yet.

-------

-Test Subject 8552

Archived