old forum domain down?

ixfd64

The spambot horde was coming over the hill in unthinkable, unstoppable numbers. We were all doomed. But then the old forum turned to the younger one and said, with a voice so steady it makes me tear up even now, "You're young, IPB boards. Get out of here, and live!" Then that grand old forum just charged right up there, sucked all the spambots right in with guest accounts, and blew itself up in one enormous final UBB crash. There was nothing left but, well, the Account Suspended page.

But I think maybe I heard the old boards murmur something about how if they were cut down, they would only become more powerful than the spambots could possibly imagine. I'd like to think they're all still somewhere around here, watching over us, or something.

Hm, too bad. Waited too long with the whole archiving thing.

Though I understand that all content of that forum lives on (in a very mangled form) in this current version.

One major problem is that the old inter-forum links will all be broken. However, I don't imagine it being too difficult to run a script that goes through the database and replaces all instances of spiderwebforums.com with spiderwebforums.ipbhost.com.

One major problem is that the old inter-forum links will all be broken. However, I don't imagine it being too difficult to run a script that goes through the database and replaces all instances of spiderwebforums.com with spiderwebforums.ipbhost.com.
It's more complicated than that. The topic numbers don't match up.

A (somewhat picky) script has been made to belay this problem, simply put "http://sw.calref.net/" in front of the URL and the script will automatically redirect you, or given you a list of options it thinks is valid.

For example, this link