New Scenario Editor

Darkwind

Would it be possible for a new editor for blades to be made, that would still except the old format (obviously) but able to do a few things I've thought of, that would make it better, such as...

• Custom Sounds, play music possibly? More options for item making, stronger abilites in items (if you wanted), some sort of feature that makes it easier to place custom graphics in the games... and so on and so forth. laugh I think that would be great so if Jeff reads this he should really consider it, especially the part about making easier ways to stick graphics in.

This indeed would be wonderful. However, Jeff Vogel has decided that Blades of Exile is now at the point where he's declared it to be a dead game, but he's still hoping someone, somewhere will buy it.

Therefore, he won't fix it at all but still refuses to let out the source code so that we can fix it. It's not a good situation.

Quote:
Originally written by stu_pidd_cow:
I agree that the graphics are a pain in the @#$%, but other than that, a new editor isn't need. I think Jeff is giving way on exile and on with the other ones like avernum.

If you ask me, exile is the best series Jeff has created... but that's just my opinion.
Have you ever actually done anything with the editor?

• 2 weeks later...

When asked why he hasn't released the source code in an E-mail, Jeff sent me back this message;

Quote:

"It is something we might do some day, but there are legal issues involved. We need to go carefully before we do something like this. frown "

Unquote

Is there a reason that the Blades of Avernum editor source code was released so quickly? Wouldn't that be a far greater loss of profit to Spiderweb than releasing for BoE?