G3: Running faster then the wind! Grrr.

Hi guys I've began playing G3 and I find my character walking really fast and I hate it .

Anyone knows of anyway I might make him walk slower (well normal). Pls help me I won't play the game if it keeps doing like that.

I found out that I can't make it full screen. It only makes it 32bit and 800x600. I remember before on another laptop playing it full screen. anyone else that had or found these problem irritating and found an solution?

Did you install any kind of editor or modify any game scripts? The cr_walk_speed variable in a character or creature type's definition is what determines how fast it walks. If the cr_walk_speed value for the player character's type is changed, that will change the player character's walk speed.

If you don't feel confident poking around in the game scripts yourself to fix it, the easiest solution is to reinstall the original scripts from a fresh, unmodified copy of the game.

This is strange. Did you ever touch the scripts? I made mine cr_walk_speed = 1000 yeah. and it's like teleport. I figured that out myself, I was able to turn it into a mod, but, it doesn't work for GF5 or something.

--------

Lilith answered first. Just to clarify, redownload a demo from SpidWeb's website, and use the reinstall option. If you have a registered version of the game, don't worry, I think it was saved in your system registry.

--------

-Test Subject 8552

reinstall - still walking fast, new game - still walking fast

Well then the only possible explanation is your re-installation didn't overwrite the game files.

What to do : Uninstall the game, manually delete anything else that remains (except your save-files) and then install the game. And start a new game.

PS : Or maybe Nightwatcher can tell you the exact line to be modified in his script.

Thx for the info and yeah maybe nightwachter can tell what exact modified script should i change

BMA i Just did what u said i deleted everything but the saved games and now i'm walking normal.

of course i have re-downloaded it.

Lots of thx!

P.S now i don't remember where i downlaoded G3 Editor. help me pls hehehehe :whistle: