A:EftP - Cannot get Spray acid LvL 3

Hello Everyone. Love the game and have 200+ hours with it. I'm nearly done, but I cannot get the lvl 3 spray acid from the talking statue. I know Erika is suppose to let me talk to the statues, but that option never comes up. I've turned in the brooches, done everything for her and I am about ready to take on Hawthorne.

I've read and done everything here: http://spiderwebforums.ipbhost.com/index.php?/topic/17309-living-statues-spoilers/page__hl__script#entry228521

but she still does not let me talk to the statues.

Currently I get "Do you plan to share you plans of revenge with me" and then "Why did you leave the Triad."

All I get from the statue are "Are you Alive? and "Wait for what?"

My reputation is 40 atm as well. Any suggestions? I would appreciate it

Thank you

If you haven't killed Hawthorne yet, you should still be able to get the spell. Do you have the quest yet? If so, you can skip the revenge question and go directly to "What needs to be done to slay the emperor?" Then ask about the brooches. That should lead you to the statue question.

Hey thanks for the quick response!

Well, I have only two quest left, "Destroy Grah-Hoth" and "Slay the Emperor" (Sans the two repeatable).

When I ask her about "What needs to be done to slay the emperor?" her response is: "Now that you have contacted Aydin and acquired the Brooches, you should find the portal...",

To which my only two responses are, "What do I need to do to prepare" and discussing the wisdom of assassinating the emperor. I've been down both conversation branches several times and still nothing from the Statue in Almaria.

It sounds like I may have missed it accidentally. :<

Thanks again for the help any other suggestions would be fantastic.

Okay, "Tell me more about the brooches" is the only path to the statues. If that is no longer available, and none of the statues will talk to you, there is still a solution, but it involves using an SDF code. You may consider that a cheat, but it's really just fixing a minor bug in the game.

If you're playing on a desktop (or laptop, I guess), press shift-d to bring up the cheat console. If using a tablet, you should find "Enter Cheat Code" somewhere in the settings menu. Either way, type in:

SDF 0 14 1

just like that. Then go talk to statues.

It's too bad that Spray Acid isn't actually a good spell in A:EFTP, considering how far into the game you have to be by the time you get the third level of it.

I am not to far into the game yet, but Spray Acid is the best spell I have for dealing with undead. The area effect spells I have so far they are immune to.

Hello Tim and welcome to SW forums, please leave your sanity at the door, it's overrated :) .

Spray acid is not a great spell against general enemies actually, it's fine against the undeads since the only aoe's you get at the start of the game are ice damage type and undeads are immune to ice although firebolt is cheaper and can carry the day in most cases.

You can also get Divine Fire for your priest(s) fairly early by doing the anvil quest for Throndell in the Tower of Magi. Just be sure to avoid the wandering ogres near the Tower of Magi if you have a low-level party and you're playing on a higher difficulty - they can be tough in that case. Divine Fire makes quick work of crowds of undead.

The undead are a bit easier to fight than the ogres, and it also seems to be a bit easier to avoid the undead on the eastern route than it does to avoid the ogres on the main route, but that's based on a very small sample size. I was about level 8 when I made it down there via the eastern route on torment, and at that point the main road route was basically impassable.