[censored] piece of [censored]

keira

Take a hammer to it?

thank you for your constructive advice

Hmm. Did it give any beepcodes?

FWIW I once had this happen to a computer. I never figured out what was wrong with it, and was never able to fix it. Good luck!

No. Normally it beeps once upon POST, but that is presently not happening. No beepage whatsoever.

Maybe this will help

thank you for your constructive advice

Umm, another thought: what about overheating? Is the heatsink secure? The CPU fan working? Sometimes obvious things are the easiest to miss.

This is what I am thinking. Not the CPU, but the northbridge. My CPU has been at a solid 30-35 degrees Celsius since I installed a waterblock on it, but I've never seen the northbridge under 60. I'm presently waiting on boyfriend to get home so I can swap out parts with his box, but for now...yeah.

okay so just going to throw this out there but when someones $1300 computer is malfunctioning and they are unemployed and cannot afford to pay for replacement components they are usually stressing out a bunch and the sarcasm doesn't help thanks

Edited by صيلي
and yes i get that posting at sw isn't exactly the best spot for not-sarcasm but i'd rather be here than at some tech forum being condescendingly told to turn it off and on again

Only time my PCs haven't POST is if the motherboard/processor is totally fried (I know you don't wanna hear that) or if a primary connection is on incorrectly. After you rewired everything did you make sure all your cards, memory chips and cables were secured on both ends? If you set your processor and heat sink yourself, double check to make sure nothing shook loose.

If you've done everything you can sounds like you just gotta swap parts out til you find the problem like you were planning

yeah if it's doing basically nothing when you hit the power button that means something is going Badly Wrong with either your psu or your motherboard, and the next step is to swap in spare parts to see what exactly has decided to die on you. sorry about your broken computer

I could be wrong, but when I have had a similar problem, it turned out to be the power supply. Even though some things turn on when you power up, if one of the voltages is not available, no dice.

Good luck.

I just tried this, and all my connectors are matching pinouts. Yay for clocking some time on the multimeter, though.

yeah if it's doing basically nothing when you hit the power button that means something is going Badly Wrong with either your psu or your motherboard, and the next step is to swap in spare parts to see what exactly has decided to die on you. sorry about your broken computer

Well, I get fans and it acknowledged the keyboard (*lock lights did the flash upon powerup) but other than that nothing.

Well, I get fans and it acknowledged the keyboard (*lock lights did the flash upon powerup) but other than that nothing.

Same thing happened to me 2 moths ago, it turned out that the wire connection with the power button on CPU was loose, I could have never guessed it(especially since I have no idea how to open/reach that part of the CPU), but eventually the wire got totally detached from the button and I stopped getting anything, you could check that if you haven't already.