Google Code project

madcrow

I'll close it if people want. I just figured that folks would appreciate having a reliable hosting service for the project. Going back through the past, it seems that there's been a lot of arguement and not much action on getting things into a unified system, so I figured I'd just go and do it.

What's your objection to having a centralized development location with proper version control and stuff. As a non-code my ability to contribute in other ways is limited, but i figured that getting stuff into a workable SVN tree would be a valuable contribution for those who DO code.

Quote:
Originally written by Celtic Minstrel:
I know that several people are mysteriously against this, but I think this is a great idea!

Only problem is, it has already been done (although it does not appear to have been used yet).
This is why it's a bad idea. If everyone sets up their One True Project, we're no better off than we were before.

My suggestion:

1. Upload the OSX version (executable + code) to the project . -- edit: changed project from this .
  2. Upload the Win32 version (executable + code) once the licensing issue is fixed. -- partially done (licensing issue still needs fixing)
  3. Get Jeff to put a link to the project here so that everyone knows that this is the "official" project.
  4. Continue developing wink

(Since no work has been done, it does not matter which project is chosen as official.)

(Edit: Based on activity, it seems that blades-of-exile is the official project. The oboe project could hypothetically still be used for the improvements project, but it seems a little pointless to me...)

• 3 weeks later...

The most recent version for Mac is available here . I think it's a DARCS repository or something like that. confused

I think there is some work in progress right now, but I'm not quite sure who's doing it. (Maybe *i or Khoth?). The current release for Mac is still not on Google Code, so if you have a mac and you can get madcrow to add you to the project, you could upload it.

As for contributing, please do (if you have the time and are willing). If you use a Mac, the source is in the link at the top of the post. For Windows, the source is here . Don't download it from the BoE site as that is now out of date.

The versions I linked to have already been ported to OSX and Win32 respectively, but there is a distinct lack of a character editor for both platforms. Perhaps you could help with that?

• 1 month later...