A6 Singleton torment

I have finally mustered up the courage to do it, the build I have in mind is a divinely touched , Natural mage Lizard because well I want the mage spells and If I'm going to cast them I'll need all the armor I can get without crossing the armor limit hence the slith, the DT is obviously a no brainer, wanted to ask whether the built is feasible and about anything particular to pay attention to.

Heh.

I tried this out of cursorily and got wiped by the rats.

So I ended up having to pump up all my defense stats right at the start just to make it past the rats, but then my guy did so little damage it took forever for him to kill stuff so I got bored and lost interest before I even finished the first dungeon.

I'm not sure I have the attention span for a torment singleton run.

Especially since it took me almost 100 hours to beat the game on torment with a party of 4, so I can't imagine how long a singleton run would take.

So I ended up having to pump up all my defense stats right at the start just to make it past the rats, but then my guy did so little damage it took forever for him to kill stuff so I got bored and lost interest before I even finished the first dungeon.

The rats are tough for sure, but a very simple way of killing them is to just run off to the commander, he will take most of their health out and you can just throw the knock out punches.

I have managed to complete most of the areas of great cave and western excavation(except a few too tough for my level, notably the patrick's tower quest of checking the mushrooms, the fungus doesn't take acid damage and that's a real problem currently, I depend just too much on the acid attack), however the other two quests have been done, so now I have access to Almaria and the areas beyond and hence hopefully I can level up and do it later. The best thing is that apart from a single energy potion during the very start of the game I haven't used any item at all(OK, a few bandages but they don't count)

Here's what the character looks like currently:-

Name : Sarrior (Slith+Warrior ,very unimaginative I know,that's what happens when you start a game in the middle of night)

Level:21 Health:216 Energy:209

Strength : 5 (1 from items)

Dexterity : 2 (No investment yet)

Intelligence : 9

Endurance : 10

Pole weapons : 4 (All from race bonus)

Quick Action : 3

Mage Spells : 8 (5 from traits)

Priest Spells : 2

Spell craft : 8 (6 from traits)

Hardiness : 3

Defense : 5 (These are probably a total waste of skill points, maybe I will unlock parry but looks hard right now)

Tool Use : 8

Nature Lore : 3 (All bought)

Blade master : 6 (all from traits)

Gymnastics : 1 (due to items)

Magical Efficiency : 3 (all from traits)

Sharpshooter : 6 (all from traits)

Everything else is at 0, and for the last few levels I have been just pumping up intelligence and endurance, I'm wondering what direction to take for my PC now, should I continue the emphasis on endurance or should I go for hardiness?, also how much tool use can I get from items and what level should I aim for in that regard?, also at what level can I expect my PC to end the game at? and at last should I go for a few more points in priest spells?

The two singletons I played both unlocked parry by raising dexterity and defense to 6, then parry to 17. Parry is capped at 50% (3% per level) in melee, but you can get by with less. No damage is still easier than having to heal all the time and it also avoids getting hit with curse effects like slow.

You can do an Anama version with all Priest spells from the start, but it is harder or a Mage/Priest combo. You do want Pole Weapons for battle disciplines and fighting splitter monsters, unstable masses and doomguards, A slowed splitter monster won't split on the rounds it is slowed. I mostly used spells for attacking.