Avernum 6 - Pacify the Ogres (HELP)

Eol

So how do you complete this mission? I have spoken with Commander R, went down below and did the ogre retreat dialogue, spoke with Commander R again, and then headed off to the Ogre camp to "pacify them". When I speak with Ogre Deputy "R" (I'm typing this off memory") who is blocking the entrance I have a bunch of dialogue options but none that let me through, all either end in "go away" or a battle.

• 2 weeks later...

As an aside, I think I know where all the confusion originated from. The OP thought that the ogres he had to pacify were the ones at the Ogre Gate - the rebels who said they didn't work with the soldiers but had a deal with them to leave them alone.

OP, if you're still confused, there's a different group of ogres within the excavation itself. THEY are the ones you have to deal with. If you're leaving the excavation complex and going south, those are a separate group of ogres entirely.

(As an aside, I decided to fight those ogres. Despite the dialogue from the chief making me feel a little bad, I've so far decided to not reload from before my confrontation with them. I don't see any consequences so far, but are there any at all, besides a personal morality thing?)