Avernum iPad: New Game Center agreement doesn't go away

DaveGilbert

Hi Spiderweb (and forumites). Long time fan, first time poster. I've been playing the iPad version of Avernum: Escape to the Pit and today something weird happened when I started it up. A popup message from Game Center pops up on the screen, with the title "The terms and conditions have changed" with instructions to read and accept the new terms. I can scroll down to the bottom, where there is an "accept" and "not accept" button. Neither of them work. The popup does not go away, nor can I move to the next page (there are 8 of them) nor select the "accept by email" option. The only option is to exit out of the game.

So... help?

-Dave

Welcome to Spiderweb Software, please check your sanity at the door.

I would guess that the game's interface is doing naughty things with iOS's popup interface. However, as I have neither an iPad nor Exile Remake Remake, I can't see for myself.

What I would recommend is that you open another app that uses Game Center (Maybe even the Game Center app itself?) and accept the terms and conditions from there. Then they shouldn't pop up any more.

Try opening the Game Center app to accept the terms and conditions. After doing this, you may then need to quit the Avernum app completely. (double tap the home button, hold your finger on the Avernum app in the bar at the bottom until the icons start wiggling, hit the red circle in the upper left of the icon, then tap the home button again.)