Running into a real live Spiderwebber!

A less presumptuous name.

It's raining men.

By the way, the fact that there is a subforum called "Miscellaneous" is a travesty to the old board of legend. I can't believe I used to actually moderate these boards 11 years ago... back when I was 13. No wonder no one likes me... I was a pretty angsty kid. :crazy:

And to keep on the nostalgia kick... The opinions expressed in this topic are pretty funny.

http://web.archive.org/web/20020122062911/http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=11&t=000020

Eh hem... *i...

Avernum 4 is pretty much an impossibility. Jeff will not design it. Considering the open-endedness of Geneforge (I've seen the endings), a regular sequel would be difficult to do.

As for Linda creating a portal in A4, I hate to say it, but Linda's going to die in A3. Also, time travel used liberally is NOT a good thing.

Also, the Blades community has pretty much decided that Exile/Avernum IV is not a good idea. The reason is the group efforts. Large group efforts are doomed to failure. Ask any of the veteran community members about the Medley or the Dervish Challenge to get the story.

I feel obligated to post something at this point.

Seconded.

By the way, the fact that there is a subforum called "Miscellaneous" is a travesty to the old board of legend. I can't believe I used to actually moderate these boards 11 years ago... back when I was 13. No wonder no one likes me... I was a pretty angsty kid. :crazy:

If you can remeber misc, oh I feel so old

Jeff did swear repeatedly that he would never, ever, ever make an Exile/Avernum 4. Then Spidweb ran short of money, and he realized that he would make a lot if he made Avernum 4. So he made Avernum 4, and it pretty much saved Spidweb.

I guess it was sort of obvious that he'd go back on his prior statements if Spidweb got into serious trouble, in hindsight, but it would've been a pretty bold prediction at the time to anticipate it.

IIRC, Polaris 3.0 was www2.polarisboard.org -- it's been a long time, though.

We lost the polarisboard.org domain before that, so it'd have been www2.polarisboard.net.

This domain loss coincided with the move from Logalot's own server to Hostgator; the www2 was after Hostgator wiped our files. Before that Polaris moved off TheKavern to its own domain. If we count all these, then www2.polarisboard.net would be 4.0, and polarisboard.org 2.0.

(Not counting the various interim solutions. Also I don't know if TheKavern was its first home - that's before my time.)

Sully!!!! Hihihihihihihihiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!

...I clearly haven't aged one bit in the last 11 years.

Yeah, the days of Misc. were a special time. I feel like a newbie thinking about it, though, since I came relatively late to it all in my mind. Why's there a Misc. board here? It looks rather ultra-dead?

I'll have to say goodbye for the moment. I might stop in sometime in September. But I've got a busy summer ahead. :(

But it was nice to hear from everyone if only briefly! Hope you're all well!

- Motty