Anybody name their creations?

Starting with the 2nd game, I've been naming my creations, only having one of any one kind at a given time, so it's more personal and I can role-play that my Player Character loves his pet creations, and rather than creating new ones, he's reviving the old ones after they die. I have to say the adorable artwork with the Fyora had something to do with this decision :)

So far I have:

*Fry the Fyora

*Todd the Thahd

*Arty the Artila

*Cyrus the Cryoa

Yes, quite silly names, but I think they're cute :)

I haven't usually named creations - too much work to name a large swarm. However, there was one game in G3 where I made a single vlish, named it Squishy, and kept it the rest of the game. I think vlish are probably my favorite creation - they lend themselves well to creating large swarms, and they seem...more unusual and unique to Geneforge, I guess, compared to some creations that seem like pretty obvious analogues for common fantasy creatures.

• 1 month later...

That was always one of the things I never do that much now. I used to name certain creations when I tried taking a few creations of 1st and 2nd tier along, but that never works.

Once Geneforge 4 and 5 come along, disposable creations are almost a necessity. Its not that the 1st and 2nd tier arent good, its just that the new ap system allows enemies to simply run along the battle lines of my poor unfortunate fyora (or other low creature) and squish them. Geneforge 1-3 had more protection in that aspect as you could protect them much better.

Once Geneforge 4 and 5 come along, disposable creations are almost a necessity. Its not that the 1st and 2nd tier arent good, its just that the new ap system allows enemies to simply run along the battle lines of my poor unfortunate fyora (or other low creature) and squish them. Geneforge 1-3 had more protection in that aspect as you could protect them much better.

In G4 and G5, an enemy will usually attack whoever attacked it last. That predictability makes it fairly easy to protect weaker creations.

Dikiyoba almost always names creations. Favorite names are: Frostbite and Blizzard for cryoas/cryodrayks, Wildfire and Firestorm for drayks/drakons, Nutricious and other -icious words for vlish, and Wingnut and Wingding for wingbolts.

In G4 and G5, an enemy will usually attack whoever attacked it last. That predictability makes it fairly easy to protect weaker creations.

That also sort of explains why I always find playing the shock trooper rather easy, your PC can always be a much better tank then any Creation (except maybe the Ur-Drakon) can hope to be.