Geneforge 5 favourites and least favourites[G5]

For me:

My favourite character: Shaper Connasson from Lethia Pass.

My least favourite character: I'm tempted to say Rawal or Taygen... but thats too obvious so I'm going to go with Denna.

My favourite creation: Rotdhizon by far.

My least favourite creation: Vlish. God I hate them. Don't like kyshakks much either.

My favourite spell: Essence Blades.

My least favourite spell: Essence Lances cause it keeps killing me! And charm.

My favourite sect: Alwan.

My least favourite sect: Taygen. How I enjoy killing him.

My favourite area: Thistlewood. Nothing better than killing a hundred bandits.

My least favourite area: Kratoa Stoneworks. I hate the puzzle with the energy pylons.

Favorite Character? Insubstantial shade is best pony.

Least favorite character? Any machines. I hate not finding the droids I'm looking for.

Favorite Creation? Living tool.

Will I ever post anything serious? Doubtful.

Okay fine.

Least favorite creation? Fyoras. They are too weak.

Favorite Spell? Kill by far.

Least favorite spell? Any and all healing spells :|

Favorite sect? Rebels.

Least favorite sect? Rawal.

Favorite area? That one way over the mountains to the storm plains. You know, not Kratoa-kel, but the other one. With the gazer? Yeah.

Least favorite area? Any with mines.

Lerman's Pass?

And I'm disappointed in you. Everyone knows insubstantial clawbugs are much better than shades!

And I bet you only like rebels cause you can kill Rawal.

There aren't that many places with mines in G5 and they're not so bad. Its the frigging energy pylons like in Oasis fields that are unbelievable.

My favourite character: Alwan

My least favourite character: Rawal.

My favourite creation: Wingbolt.

My least favourite creation: Worms, crawlers, etc... Pointless...

My favourite spell: Mass Madness

My least favourite spell: Charm.

My least favourite sect: Rawal.

My favourite area: Isenwood's Spire. Nothing lives there... NOW... after I visited...

My least favourite area: Whitespires Pass. The first time I died because I didn't have Rawal's papers.

Just curious, why do you love Mass Madness? Charm actually has a much higher rate of bringing people to your side then Mass Madness. Mass Madness is only if you want to daze a high level creature.

You know that it's called Mass Madness because it affects every enemy nearby, right? Charm only affects one.

My favourite character: Bennhold. The entire quest series leading up to his capture made him out to be such a legend, so intriguing. Meeting him was a bit anti-climactic, but even then he was a great fight, and in the meantime it was fascinating to explore his mythos to find him.

My least favourite character: Hard to say, but I was unimpressed with the fortune teller in the Dera Reaches. There was nothing wrong with the character, per se, but I feel like it would have been better not to include the fortune teller at all unless new information could be given. To each their own, I suppose.

My favourite creation: I'm making my analysis marginal, so only evaluating the changes made between this game and Generge IV. That said, I choose the pod creatures, the new ones that you can't Shape but you have to fight multiple times. They slow you down and swarm you if you aren't careful. Oh, what fun it would have been to Shape them.

My least favourite creation: I don't really like Drakons in this game. Normally there's nothing more BA than strutting through battlefields with a Drakon destroying everything in its wake. However, they were mostly unimpressive as actual creations, and one can't use the Ur-Drakon very practically since it's locked up till the endgame. Rebels can't even make them.

My favourite spell: Mental magic is the best magic, and therefore I'm going with mass madness. It's the perfect description of how the fight actually goes, too, after successfully casting it.

My least favourite spell: I'm forgetting the name, but the poison spell that you get as the second spell in battle magic, right after firebolt. Useless.

My favourite sect: In terms of the ending, I like the rebels best. However, the rebels lucked into a good ending that wasn't a Drakon dictatorship; Astoria is far preferable without knowing what will happen.

My least favourite sect: Taygen. He was the most annoying to kill of all the Shaper Councillors, and also he just wasn't very effective. I could understand his "get tough on creations" policy if it actually yielded positive results, but Dera Reaches is still a mess and the creations are only misbehaving more, if anything.

My favourite area: Fort Rockfall. It shows that even the military genius of Alwan is fallible, but the desperateness of the situation of the defenders is even more admirable. It would have been good to be able to participate in the Battle of Fort Rockfall, if your actions lead to it happening.

My least favourite area: That one in the Dera Reaches with all of the energy pylons and the Unbound that wanders around and attacks you occasionally. I dislike greatly when puzzles are unsolvable - you cannot deactivate all of the pylons, for instance.

My favourite character: Shaper Rawal, next in line is Shaper Taygen

My least favourite character: Alwan and Astoria

My favourite creation: Rotdhizon. They're polite, efficient and kills everyone they meet.

My least favourite creation: Thahds

My favourite spell: Diamond Spray

My least favourite spell: Shocking rain, it lags my netbook >:<

My favourite sect: Rawal, because of his independence, 'nuff said

My least favourite sect: Astoria, she feels sympathy for the rebels >:<

My favourite area: None

My least favourite area: Kratoa Stoneworks. I hate the puzzle with the energy pylons.

I'm sure almost no one agrees with my idea, but we all have our own opinions.

----------

-A

Yay another rotzhidon lover! And with you on the Kratoa Stoneworks too.

And personally, I don't like Mass Madness cause I like to hoard experience as much as possible and when a charmed character kills something, it gives no experience.

Strong daze is quite nice though.

And yes, shaper immunity to mental magic is hardcoded. It cant be changed even with modding as far as I'm aware.

I can't quite remember what diamond spray does...

And personally, I don't like Mass Madness cause I like to hoard experience as much as possible and when a charmed character kills something, it gives no experience.

Actually, you can get experience for kills made by charmed enemies, as long as you or one of your creations has done damage to the killed enemy at least once.

Oh really? I've never noticed that in my playthroughs. I'll give it a try.

Also, you can make a mod that allows you to shape podlings and give them wand abilities. This means that the shaped podlings will be almost identical to the ones in game. I'll post one on my modding thread when I have time if people want to be able to shape podlings.

Personally, I hated podlings. Always found them incredibly annoying and weak but hard to kill. Nothing fun about fighting them.

Personally, I hated podlings. Always found them incredibly annoying and weak but hard to kill. Nothing fun about fighting them.

Actually they can be quite powerful if they gang up on you, especially the slowing ones, but yeah If you are fighting a single Podling and it gets an attack in before dying, it's pretty irritating.

My favourite character: That random soldier at the Nodye Pass. Such a hard job to keep sending people away but somebody has to do it.

My least favourite character: Mekkhen. No I don't want to be a rebel. No I don't want to be a rebel. Still no. No. No. No. You meet me outside the Shaper hall and think you can kill me?!?

My favourite creation: War Tralls. 6 of these + Battle Roar = exxxxxcellent.

My least favourite creation: Vlish. They are boring and I rarely go outside of battle. (Rarely = Drakes)

My favourite spell: Battle Roar. Can really turn the tide.

My least favourite spell: Curing. When it doesn't actually fully cure something. Seems pathetic.

My least favourite sect: Ghaldring. The drakons seem like more violent shapers. I feel like there are three stages of rule going on here: Claim to power (aggressive), good control, and finally failure. The drakons are at the beginning, the shapers are at the end. The problem? The drakons are naturally arrogant while the shapers became that way.

My favourite area: Bonespeak. The first time I played through this area was ... hard ... but it is a lot more fun coming back with 3 Rot's and a Cyrodrake.

My least favourite area: The entire Dera Reaches. I don't agree with the policy and I don't agree with the practice. Too ... unShaped.