The death of BoE forum

&

Please guys, make more topics. I know BoE is old, but so what? It's a classic game of spidweb, and it represents their quality.

As a new member, I'd love to join in some chats, but at the momment I'm only into Blades, so I'd like to be involved in some other topics on it.

Come on guys, bring back the olden days. smile

I think, too, that a lot of the people who have these games are players, not chatters. Many try them, then put them on a shelf to try something else, but the ones who are still active are simply enjoying the playing of the games. Because these games have been around for a while, and there are so many BoE Scenarios, a lot of us are still playing Scenarios that are "new" to us.

Old timers tend to get comfortable.

me

Quote:
Originally written by ben12C8:
Is it just me, or are BoA scenarios much slower in coming out than BoE?
I think its because some people find it troublesome that you have to download the scenario editor.
With BoE you didn't have to. Besides, the BoA editor looks pretty hard to master. I'll never get the hang of it. frown

Eh, the BoA editor is pretty easy to get the hang of once you get used to it. You just do all your special nodes in text files with C script, which probably gave me an advantage because I already knew C++. But anyway, it's not that hard.

However, BoA scenarios are more complex, have more potential, and therefore take longer to make.

Quote:
Originally written by ben12C8:
That's cool. Weird that I've never heard of it before. Jeff did make it, didn't he?
Not in the nine... Since when does Jeff do work for the sake of assisting designers?

Quote:
Originally on the BoA Editor remake home page:
. . . made by Isaac and ported to Windows by Notus.
Jeff only provided the source code for the BoA Editor. Or some such silliness.

• 1 month later...
Quote:
Originally written by Desert Pl@h:
And other people prefer to keep resurrection limited to Exile games, rather than the forums.
However, most people prefer to let moderators do their job without interference. Especially when somebody who has recently returned to the forums after long absence is adding relevant information to a thread which is still on page 1.

EDIT: It is particularly ironic to see this form of back-seat moderating on a topic complaining about low forum activity.

Quote:
Originally written by rantalot:
speaking of purchasing BoE is it still 30$? I remember the demo was one of the first games i played when i came 2 US along with duke nuke em 3D....man that was one hell of a start
BoE price was recently decreased to 15$ (at least according to online Order Form). Considering the number and quality of scenarios available, that's a very good price.

Talking about price cuts, Exile Trilogy CD was finally reduced to 25$. Not sure if anybody is still buying Exiles, but at least they are now much cheaper than Avernums.