Who's the most active member?

Cpt. Charles

Slarty used to do monthly statistics on who posted the most, where they did there posting, etc. The task became grueling enough that he designed a bot to do the legwork for him, leaving him to do his famed Slartanalysis of what remained. As was already said, though, that only encouraged more posting, with inclinations towards being vacuous. As such, posting competitions shouldn't really be advocated.

I checked a while back. It's worth noting that newer members are often more active but slow down when the novelty wears off. Of the oldbies Randomizer is probably the most prolific but Lilith is close and I'm usually close behind. Tyran and Actaeon tend to be up there as well.

—Alorael, who can't help but point out that Drakey's been inactive for over a year and quite quiet for a few years before that. TM (that's Donald Hebb) hasn't really been around since 2006. He wonders if there will ever be a day when the top posters include no inactive members. Which is faster, posting or member attrition?

I never aspired to be the most prolific poster because I would often have to go on hiatus due to work. But then I noticed the number of views that had hit the pun thread. I then undertook to post quality stuff to keep my audience entertained. I would also like to thank Randomizer, Student of Trinity, Actaeon, Aloreal, and Lilith for their inspiring contributions.

And special thanks to Trenton for starting that thread for me.

Your tasty tidbits of temptation placed unwittingly hither thither and yon on other threads, that I dared not pun in place so I would port them to the pun thread. And I have even captured a quote or two on Harehaunter's page pertaining to the Punnic Wars.

P.S. I wish to add The Mystic to the list of honored punsters. Yours were among the most punnishing.

For the time that sw-daily was counting, Trenton, you were #3. I would like to assert, again, that this is not necessarily a good thing.

I also read this as "Who's the most attractive member", when it popped back up, even though I'd seen it before.

How are we supposed to judge who the most attractive member is?

I'm tempted to make a poll that investigates whether anyone even gets these in jokes anymore. We may have failed to pass down certain fundamental elements- Imban, implants, fluffy turtles, etc- to the next generation of Spiderwebbers.

this is sort of like saying that we have failed to start a nuclear war

I am the most attractive member by far. Judge for yourself:

3showingimage544lor9412sb5.jpg

—Alorael, who is sure that deep down you all know you should have voted for Alcritas as most attractive.

It might be just me, but that image is not showing up and is throwing a 404 error.

Also, I really dislike the lightbox thing that pops up.

It might be just me, but that image is not showing up and is throwing a 404 error.

Huh. I see it just fine. In fact, it's an almost identical pose to a photo Alorael once posted of himself in an abominable photo thread. All I can say is that the intervening years have been VERY kind.

P.S. I wish to add The Mystic to the list of honored punsters. Yours were among the most punnishing.

Thanks, although flattery, as the saying goes, will get you nowhere. ;) I try to aim for maximum pun in minimum space, with timing as the main key. Also, a warning: I have a ton of material I haven't used yet, so expect more as time passes (and it will indeed pass; it's certainly studied hard enough).

• 3 weeks later...