Random Avernum 6 Questions

Juan Carlo

I'm currently playing through this and didn't want to start a new thread every time I have a question I can't find the answer to. So I thought I'd start a catch all question thread.

I have a couple right now:

1. How do I get the "Farrar's Keep" quest to complete? The mayor of Spire wants me to find the secret entrance to Farrar's Keep in Bahrga and report back to her. I've found what I think is the secret entrance (via the secret buttons in the Inn) and gone inside it, but this doesn't seem to complete the quest. Perhaps I am not entering far enough into the keep to trigger the quest complete, but every time I try to go inside farther I am spotted and the town turns hostile. Anyone remember what to do?

2. There is a worm ichor quest in Spire that requires I have some sort of rotting meat to attract worms. I can't seem to locate where this meat is. Anyone remember?

Thanks!

You can get away with using it once or twice, but I literally do mean once or twice. Use it more often than that and you'll either have to keep using it for every significant fight for the rest of the game or deal with being loaded down with debuffs until your party recovers from the withdrawal (which takes a long time). The duration of the beneficial effects will decrease the more you use it, too.

Read the next part of the post:

The first two or three doses don't seem to do any harm. Even after 5-10 doses, you may not see an adverse effect -- but by the tenth dose you're probably addicted even if you don't know it. I don't know the exact threshold for addiction, because what sent me over the edge was using skribbane three times in a single fight.

You won't see an immediate adverse effect after taking several doses, but that's because there's a time gap between being addicted and experiencing withdrawal. The length of this time gap is random and dependent on how much fighting you do, so it's hard to pin down the exact moment you became addicted. Also, it's possible that addiction is itself a random chance that increases with the number of times you've taken skribbane. The exact mechanics for skribbane addiction haven't been thoroughly investigated, and the threshold for addiction is so low that it's not really worth using at all unless you're willing to spend the rest of the game addicted.

I actually didn't realize that you need to eat food in this game until I had already finished Formello. LOL I wonder how long I've been walking around weakened from starvation?

The players eat food automatically if you have some in your pack,

If you have never had any (quite unlikely) then they have been hungry since the first time they went to castle, poor guys.