Avernum Escape From The Pit or Avernum 6?

CBT

Ok, so I am finishing up Avadon on my IPad, a fantastic little game by the way, and was wondering which to start next. I have already purchased Avernum Escape from the pit, but saw that Avernum 6 was just released for IPad. My question is, is escape from the pit a stand alone story, or does it tie into the Avernum trilogies somehow? So would it be better to start escape from the pit next or jump right into Avernum 6?

Thanks in advance!

Avernum: Escape from the Pit is a remake of Avernum 1 which is a remake of Exile 1: Escape from the Pit. Avernum 6 is the last of the series.

You can play the games in any order, but if you are really that interested in continuity then play them in order. All the games can be played as stand alone since you start as a low level party. The main differences are Avernum 1 to 3, Avernum 4 to 6, and Avernum: Escape from the Pit have different game engines.

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door. We aim to confuse, smile

Edit - Every remake gets new content. More places to see, more things to kill.

I would humbly assert that A:EftP is a better game. It might, however, ruin you on the early Avernums to start with the most recent engine. It depends one whether you're willing to wait around for the next round of remakes, or think you can handle going backwards in graphics. Oh, and don't forget Geneforge.

I was like... and he was like... and I was like... Wow, I peed myself seeing that Avernum 6 is out on iPad. I've been anticipating the announcement for like ever. Seeing it actually become real, and being like within a few hours of it going live was like being served a ...... (you can imaged what that is). It is actually better than my wife.

Yeah, i am newly wedded and spent way more time playing escape from the pit on the honeymoon than caring for my wife. She understands though, because she is so nice. I am a nerd and am like on estacy now rejoicing the news.

Originally Posted By: Hellswung
spent way more time playing escape from the pit on the honeymoon than caring for my wife.

I'm sorry to be so blunt as a stranger on the internet, but in the name of common humanity I have to tell you very seriously: Huge mistake. Better give your marriage a big healing potion, because it has taken a critical hit in the tutorial adventure. Nobody wants to make a fuss and complain on their honeymoon, but the memories last.

Otherwise, welcome to the boards.

Hahaha, well, thank you.

But my wife is pregnant, we've had a long period of hard working and marriage preparation. She understands I need time out, plus she needs to rest. We took a walk everyday and watched a movie at night, but other than that she let me do whatever I like doing as long as I take care of her meals with good food.

So it is quite a lovely and much needed arrangement for me right now. Thanks for the advice though, appreciate it.

smile

Originally Posted By: Actaeon
SoT, did you just counsel a board member to put life ahead of video games? Isn't that against the Code of Conduct? Or at the very least by something the mods sign?

Agreed. It was kind of a shock that he actually suggested it, but he means well, I know.

Originally Posted By: Randomizer
No, gamers must reproduce to provide another generation of customers to buy future games. It's the same for all addictive products, you must have new customers to replace the old ones as they die off.

gringrin

Originally Posted By: Slenderman.
It's not? I thought they started adding them to iPad SINCE Geneforge 5.
Geneforge 5 came out two years before Apple made the iPad. The first game released for the iPad was Avadon. A:EftP came out after Avadon, so it also got an iPad version. Jeff recently ported Avernum 6 to the iPad. Thus far, these three games are the only games with iPad versions.

Originally Posted By: CBT
I guess that I am just lucky, my wife isn't really into RPGs, but we spent two hours last night night playing co-op Borderlands 2 together. smile

You are in luck. She is a treasure. Better hold on to her. Girls that tolerate you put game before life is rare these days, let alone one that does it with you.

I guess that I am just lucky, my wife isn't really into RPGs, but we spent two hours last night night playing co-op Borderlands 2 together. smile

You are in luck. She is a treasure. Better hold on to her. Girls that tolerate you put game before life is rare these days, let alone one that does it with you.

You certainly are my friend! My fiance is a lovely girl but she cant hide her frustration with my obsession for the Football, luckily I dont think she knows about me rediscovering my inner nerd and joining these forumns again!

file.php?avatar=5199_1340865536.jpg

YOU AINT SEEN ME, 'RIGHT!

Originally Posted By: CBT

My wife want to play Doom I and Doom II every night in co-op mode with me. I think... there are better things you can play at night XD

By the way, Avernum Escape from the Pit and then Avernum 6. I think, it is better for the story and the chronological order.

• 3 weeks later...

Get Escape from The Pit if you hated Avadon as they have very different styles. Or get Escape from The Pit as it is the first Avernum game. Or just get Escape from The Pit when there is a discount.

Did I mention that I really enjoyed Escape from The Pit?

And yet your name suggests otherwise! :p