Avernum 5 story

Hey guys,

Recently rediscovered Avernum through A:EFTP and have completed it!

I have also downloaded the second trilogy on Steam so I could play 4 and 5, however these two do not play well on my pc and I guess im used to the new perks of the newest version with animated walking etc... frown

So Im pleased to see Avernum 6 is closer to this so im gonna play this one!

So yeah, I was wondering if someone could let me know what happened in 4 and 5 if you would be so kind?

A4 : - Angered by the failure of her plan to devastate the surface, the mad Vahnahtie wizard Renatar Ihrno unleashes 3 very powerful shades who occupy the most important towns of Avernum and almost drives the citizens of these towns to madness, mysterious monsters also appear in the sea preventing any trade through waterways and as always happens some brave adventurers of Avernum track her down and banish her forever, also destroying the shades and the monsters during their journey, The game also introduces us to the Darkside loyalists a band of idiots who want the dark days of empire's avernum oppression to return.

A5 :- The darkside loyalists leader Dorikas slays emperor Parazac of empire and flees to avernum hoping ultimately to become the new king of empire, however a band of Empire soldiers travelling through the wild and unexplored northern frontier under the guidance of Commander Manfred Redmark manage to track him down and kill him . Redmark becomes the new king of the surface and the relations between empire and avernum continue on the friendly path.

(The stories probably make sense only if you have played the first triology, and i am too lazy to write their own stories too, however you get a PDF file with avernum 6 where you can read the full short history of avernum.)

A4 is pretty much A3 but in the underworld with the addition that the empire has mellowed down and so there are dissidents who want the empire to be cold and ruthless once more.

in A5 you play a group of empire soldiers sent to hunt down the dissidents and in the end decide whether you want to kill the dissident's leader or kill the general who sent you on your perilous quest.

In A6 you find out that Jeff decided that in A5 you killed the dissident's leader