Hate Towards Characters - A5

caleb

No, it can get worse. Although the hostility is due to your actions and not that you are Empire.

Some places are friendly.

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door. Jeff's writing makes more sense. Inebriation is another way; notice all the wine and ale bottles. smile

I guess I didn't explain myself well, I wasn't so concerned with people being hateful towards the characters in terms of gameplay. I just wasn't looking forward to reading the same loathing throughout the whole game. I've put it on the shelf for now and started up A6, just finished A4 and don't really feel like I'm missing out on much story wise by skipping A5 for now.

Originally Posted By: caleb
I guess I didn't explain myself well, I wasn't so concerned with people being hateful towards the characters in terms of gameplay. I just wasn't looking forward to reading the same loathing throughout the whole game. I've put it on the shelf for now and started up A6, just finished A4 and don't really feel like I'm missing out on much story wise by skipping A5 for now.

I recommend playing A5 at some point because its the only chance you get to see that section of the underworld. I really enjoyed the sense of exploring a whole new cave system that you don't really get in the other Avernums (except for part of A2, where you get to explore the Vahnatai caves). You also get to meet for the first time a "very large" character that plays a big role in A6.

Originally Posted By: The Rev

I recommend playing A5 at some point because its the only chance you get to see that section of the underworld.

Yes, that's what I loved most about A5. I was really hoping that we would be able to explore both mainland avernum and northern frontier in A6. That would have been epic, but i guess that would have also made the game length too long to be well managed.

Originally Posted By: Lilith
I got what you were saying. My answer stands. Later in the game, people are too wrapped up in their own problems to care where you came from.

Well said. This is it exactly. I didn't like everyone hating on me at the beginning either, but it doesn't stay like that forever (as mentioned above). I'd definitely recommend sticking it out, because A5 is well worth it!

Really enjoying A6 right now so I'll go ahead and finish it out, I was only an hour or two into A5 before I got turned off and posted. I would really have liked to played the games in succession, Escape from the Pit was my first run in the Avernum series and I immensely enjoyed it. I tried to move on to A2 afterwards to avoid spoiling story lines and such but found the engine to be just a bit too primitive for me so I'm waiting on the rewrites.