Gold Bricks...uh Bars

Parakeet

Ok... I'll bite. I was looking at Avernum 5 listing of Things to Save Some Of on the Maps Associated Items Statistics list. It said I should save some Gold Bars along with the other items I noted on some other lists. (Met up with some of the quests & options, not others so far.)

As to biting...What in the world does one fabricate with a gold bar which an adventurer might use? It boggles my feather covered brain.

Parakeet

I found it by clicking the Harehunter's Annotated Maps for AVernum 5 link which is right below the Strategy Central link for Avernum 5 at the top of the 2nd set of avernum games forum thread list. Then at the top of the Map is a list of urls. I clicked the one labeled "item stats". On the right most column of the page listing the items statistics it lists in construction items column "Gold Bars (a few)". I'd met the list on the other link you cited above & noticed the difference in items. I was just curious if there was a Gold Bar use (other than raising such much needed cash). I have a vivid & varied imagination at times...Gilding your armor in a florentine foliage motif whose glittering messes up that aim of opponents...Bandit bait to save you searching all over creation around Exodus & Harkins Landing creating your Own ambush...

If its an error or was changed in game development, that's useful information too.

Curiously yours,

Parakeete