A:EftP - Is it possible to break the game?

I'm at the last portion of the game where I need to free grah-hoth, get passwords, find brooches and related subquests. I was looking for passwords, went to as Khoth, but he referred me to Athron.. problem is, I killed Athron since it got mad at me for trespassing. I did go over all conversation patterns with Athron before I killed it, and couldn't find anything related to a password..

Also, for Grah-hoth, I was told to speak to Rone. He tells me to find his journal in his chambers, but I don't see anything that's specifically labeled as Rone's room. So I'm stuck on that as well.

But anyway, I'm more worried about Athron being dead. I also killed Pyrog or whoever the mean one is.. Wondering if I've screwed up my game.

Lastly, I got all the dragonslayer parts, but not sure where to go from there. I remember seeing a smith that boasted he was the best in the world, but can't remember where he was at. I'm assuming I need to bring the parts to someone to fix the sword.

Ah, so killing Athron is a problem. The gamedesign 'safeguards' seem to fall apart towards the end. Quest orders start to get difficult to manage in game (I can memo it somewhere else I guess) and actions boiling down to pretty random searches, esp the brooches.. I'm still quite critical of the last phase of the game.. Why is Athron even kill-able if that eventually breaks the game?

I did eventually find Rone's notebook. It really makes no sense that it's in the CUBICLE right next to his cubicle, which Rone explicitly refers to as CHAMBERS.

Originally Posted By: kensuguro
Ah, so killing Athron is a problem. The gamedesign 'safeguards' seem to fall apart towards the end. Quest orders start to get difficult to manage in game (I can memo it somewhere else I guess) and actions boiling down to pretty random searches, esp the brooches.. I'm still quite critical of the last phase of the game.. Why is Athron even kill-able if that eventually breaks the game?

Well, you're free to kill her after getting what you need from her.

But anyway, this is another of those questions whose answer boils down to "remake of a remake of Jeff's first game". In the original Exile, you could actually kill any of the five dragons whenever you liked, potentially making the game unwinnable in the process (although the editor had a cheat to revive them).

I see, the original was already designed in such a way. I guess more freedom of choice the more responsibility. It works the other way around too, I guess. If I knew I needed something from Athron, why the hell did I kill Athron.. right. So I killed her knowing there was a possibility of breaking the game.