how to protect from lightning?

I'm getting killed with lightning a lot. It's the lightning status, and not the energy damage. (like acid) What type of protection helps with lightning?

I'm not too sure what the correct strategy is in dealing with it, other than to mass cure. Also, are there player side spells that can do the same? Seems like most higher level enemies resist acid, but would be nice to be able to give them some form of status damage. (since I get killed by it a lot and I'm vengeful, lol) Like a swarm of lancing fungi with a couple of eyeball monsters, those give me lightning like crazy.

Energy resistance does help reduce the damage you take from the lightning effect, but other than that all you can really do is cure it whenever it's inflicted upon you.

I think Spray Acid inflicts lightning if you know it at level 3. It's sort of underwhelming when you use it, though, because monsters tend to have more HP than PCs while the amount of damage remains the same.

The best way I prevent people from getting destroyed by lightning is by making sure that one person is the sole person who is getting attacked by that creature or creatures. The more people that get hit with lightning the worse it gets as the more people that have to be healed. The challenger trait (which everyone usually hates) is actually very useful and it DOES work very well with just 1 perk in it.

I generally allow my tank who has high hardiness/parry and bonus endurance traits to attack that creature{s). Parry allows for deflecting of melee/ranged when it happens, and hardiness and endurance take care of the rest of the magic attacks. While that is going on I use my other warrior who has high damage/more offensive to take down the other enemies that are attacking my tank from afar. My mage then blasts the other enemies and heals my tank when needed.