Mine whines

Hello all,

I have never gotten the hang of safely detonating mines in Geneforge 1, I have brown and green spore batons which seem hit and miss to me. Sometimes I could take out a concert hall of mines with a little shake of my baton but then other times it yields me nothing but an eventual head rolling.

On the Ancient Crypt level for example ( I think thats the one) there are many strong green mines with the wiggly hairs on top that only explode if my shaper gets too close (not creations, though i've been known to take a few of them with me). I can't progress through the upper parts of this level because I can't remove the mines blocking me and the green spore batons won't function unless I get close enough for the blast to kill me.

Does anyone have any advice on how to approach these things? (and survive, I should add)

Some mines elsewhere in the game are only disarmed with a box where you flip the lever and there is a hissing sound mentioned in the text, Hill of Jars is one of these places.

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door. Wait the mines took care of that. smile