GF 1 - Faction switching

Hey all, first post, stumbled across these games due to the Avadon sale on Steam... and promptly bought every game they sold. Love them.

So quick question on Geneforge 1.

At the moment (early) in my game, I've been all anti-servile, and have a quest to join the Obeyers. If I were to start saying all these really pro-servile things, and then take the quest (that I found in my first aborted game) to join the Awakened, and then still complete the Obeyer quest, would the game still re-check my servile-attitude (for lack of a better word)?

Would I be a member of the Obeyers, but still eligible to turn around and betray them, and join the Awakened? Or would I have to finish the quest, join the Obeyers, and THEN start saying nice things?

Thanks in advance!

I don't think it will recheck your reputation once you get the quest however it will check for future quests. Also some serviles won't give you quests depending upon your reputation.

Usually you should stick with a faction until you've gotten all their training, free loot, and brought their merchants to zero gold. Some places go hostile once you leave them especially if the quest needed to switch factions involved killing their leader.

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door. It makes it easier to not feel guilty about using them for your own gains. smile

Thanks Randomizer.. I decided to not say anything nice until I finish the quest. Better safe, etc. smile

Pinkie, I'm far more likely to just play it again if it doesn't go the way I hoped than cheat. I don't think I've activated cheats in any game in oh, 20 years, other than to fix lost or broken savegames.

I use cheats for convenience. I mean, take a case where you've just finished a battle and are low on hp and essence. You can walk all the way to the end of the zone, get to a friendly town and return. Or you can just bring up the Whadya Want box and type in the codes.

No need to feel guilty about it, as you aren't using them to gain an unfair advantage.

I assume you wish to gain all the benefits of all three sects. Yes I advise you use cheats unless you want to throw a wrench in the system. I suggest you join Obeyers first (spoiler: and feed Control Four) and get all the benefits. Use a cheat and the use a different cheat (buy a hintbook from Spidweb:D). Then join the Awakened and get all the benefits (don't forget to pay a visit to Sorkin, just outside Pentil). Then, use a cheat and (as controversial as it seems) Kill Ellrah (after obtaining the quest from the Taker Spy in Vakkiri). Then join the Takers. Use all the Taker benefits and use the cheat. Kill Kazg's leader (forget his name). Then rejoin the Obeyers. Boomshackalacka. Again, I do not encourage cheating unless you buy the hint book. Sorry about the numerous minor spoilers.