Exile iii on Mac - please help!

Champagne Year

Hi guys smile

I've just downloaded Exile iii (my favourite spiderweb game - been playing it for years on end but never actually finished it frown ) on my Macbook Pro - I open it, only to find gibberish (like notepad).

It says on the page for the game something about another version possibly working but I can't find the link to it... so I don't know where to begin with trying to get it to work.

If any of you guys could help me out, I shall be so, so grateful. smile

what Tyranicus said or be satisfied to Avernum 3 (which should* work on newer macs and OSX).

most costly option is find some very/ old mac somewhere with os installed (or os discs come with mac or are bought separately) which Exile 3 can be played.

*Windows-versions might prolly have some troubles with newest os-versions so possible that mac-versions could be troubling.

Originally Posted By: Earth Empires
what Tyranicus said or be satisfied to Avernum 3 (which should* work on newer macs and OSX).
Actually, the original Avernum trilogy games do not work in OS X 10.7 or later. I made Lion-compatible version using the Windows version through Wineskin though. They can be downloaded here.