Blue guy in purge the tower quest

txmimi

I am playing on the easiest mode and cannot defeat the blue guy in the purge the tower quest. I read the spoiler and it does me no good at all. Problem 1: I have tried rushing in and attacking him straightaway, but clicking the battle button tells me I can't have combat with someone I'm talking to, so I can't get first hit. Problem 2: One of the guys always dies or is terrorized immediately, usually either the priest or mage. Problem 3: No shields or spells have any protection at all on my guys. I welcome any and all hints.

You'll have to be more specific than that, which game are you referring to (4,5 or 6) and in which zone/city is this blue guy?

As for 1: try entering combat mode before rushing him, I don't remember if this works in A4 but I believe it does work in A5-6. If I'm right at the end of your guy's turn the speech will start and when you end it he will turn hostile and you'll be able to hit him (although he might still throw the first punch, you'll be closer to him and might be able to slow his retreat).

As for 2: If you don't have the priest spell protecting from mind effects try getting your main fighters ivory rings and wait for second round before casting offensive spells with your casters.

Unleeeeess you're referring to Gladwell in A5 or 6, in which case you're screwed. Just give up for now and try returning when you have more levels.

Sorry. . . I didn't realize this problem arises in several games! lol I'm in A4, in the Tower colony, where the quest is to purge the tower of a demon. I haven't been able to figure out a way to rush him and attack him first. . . smirk My priest does have unshackle mind, but he's often the very first to be terrorized, then there's no way for him to unshackle himself. The characters are all level 20. Thanks for trying to help!

You need to keep your priest back from the fight so you are outside the area of effect of the terror spell. Even better is to keep him out of the room.

Use one character as bait to lure the other monsters out by having him get into line of sight with just one. It helps to have everyone hasted.

I appreciate the help and the encouragement. I have gone on to the castle to try and build up some more experience. I'm still not sure the game can be finished, because I don't have steelskin yet either and have skipped fighting the vahnati dude cause I just die every time. :-)