Installing on Mac with 10.6.8

Parakeet

I finally got around to pulling out Avernum 5 for installation on my Mac laptop.

I know, I know, but I don't have heaps of time to game (or much other computing these days) & it kind of fell through the cracks.

Anyway, I slipped the game disk (lawfully purchased & received in the mail long ago) into the drive, then selected the installer for the game. No Joy. It says it needs Administrator Powers to install & gives only the option to deactivate it as far as I can tell. I was On a signed in Administrator account. If it asked me to give it a pass word, I sure could. But I don't know how to empower the game installer without the game installer calling up the window that allows me to plug in the password to empower the installation of the software. (As I thought further, I think that response was the reason It wasn't installed when I received it originally. At that time I wasn't attached to the boards here.) I went over to the Apple site, did battle with the search for answers stuff & my eyes rapidly glazed over, as usual. Knowledge bases & I don't generally interface well.

Does anyone know how to do this in OS X 10.6.8? A feathered TechnoKlutz would be grateful to find out.

(not blushing because feathers can't blush)

Parakeet