The New Game

What do you think, is a new Nethergate on the wind? To paraphrase Spidweb's newsletter, 'The other we don't want to say too much about yet. It will continue a story that has been waiting a long time to be continued' (or something to that effect).

What do you guys think? I've also wondered about a new Galactic Core (started the same topic there)...

I would like to see gladiuses(sp?) in Nethergate 2(If it will exsist). They're light Roman short swords made out of spanish metal. I learned that from the show "Decisive Battles" on the History Channel. Or at least it was something like "Decisive battles"...I have bad short term memory.

And I'd like to see more large metal shields, too. In Nethergate, I only found 5 or 6 total. One was Glahz's shield(Which you couldn't keep. If you stay away from the exit of Goagh-Nar, you can have it until you cross the Sparkling bridge if you use the "move out of town" editor command), one was the fine large metal shield you get from killing some lizards, and 3 or 4 in the Spiral tower at the end.

Romans in space? I can see it now...

MARS HEADLINES

ARMORED EARTHLINGS MADE IT TO MARS

"They were evaporated with ease." Said a Martian soldier. "Our general has commanded some of our troops to spy on Earth under the cover of 'faeries'. We will destroy more of these armored Earthlings. And beware the shiny pointy weapons made of this 'metal' substance they carry. They kinda sting." :p

Great picture.

Romans in Mars would be great. I think if it were written in the old style pulp it would be terrific.

There's a series by Turtledove called The Lost Legion about a Roman Legion that is transported to his world of Videssos. Neat stuff.

I've posted earlier what I think could happen with the Romans in N2: a small band managed to make it through and has to survive in the world beyond the gate, offering possibilities for the Romans to be the underdogs and have to survive by making the right alliances.

But N2 could very well deal with a subject outside of Roman interest. It might deal with different factions of faeries from different mythologies as they co-exist with each other.

I love the spells from nethergate.

But the spell doom is stupid:to cast it,you need to have:-8 druidisme skills

-8 healing cirkle skill.

-8 warfare cirkle skills.

-8 beast cirkle skills.

-8 craft cirkle skills.

-8 spirit cirkle skills.

This meens that you can cast al spells (even those that are much better than doom.)

I hope that in nethergate2 a really cool spell taking the place of doom.(like hero of old)

Quote:
Originally written by Pandolfo the Pugilist of Ooze:
Romans in Mars would be great. I think if it were written in the old style pulp it would be terrific.
There's a series by Turtledove called The Lost Legion about a Roman Legion that is transported to his world of Videssos. Neat stuff.
Or maybe something along the lines of the upcoming Faction Paradox novel:

http://www.madnorwegian.com/fp/product.php?item=Bfp03warlords

"Faction Paradox: Warlords of Utopia is a generational story in which every parallel reality where Rome conquered the world finds itself warring against every parallel reality where Nazi Germany dominated the globe."

Do you think Jeff could buy the rights to adapt this book as Nethergate 2? :p