A HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOPIC!

Trenton.

Speaking of which, surely the Refuge is now officially recognized by Spiderweb, what with Sylae being made moderator and all?

All that's remaining is a link in Spiderweb's General Forum header, leading straight to Calref's chatrooms.

No, not really. A lot of satellites have been run by moderators, and haven't been "official". Most prominently is Shadow Vale, which was run by Tyranicus, and beyond the BoX CSRs, was officially sanctioned in no way (not that the CSRs really count(ed) as official, but yeah).

I'm also given to understand that the majority of SW mods at one point were part of Polaris, back in the day.

Edited by صيلي
Also CalRef is NOT Jeff-level family friendly and will NOT be put in a forum header because little Billy's mom will click it and think that SW is sanctioning a place where a discussion about a semi-competent genie granting *ahem* wishes has happened

I'm also given to understand that the majority of SW mods at one point were part of Polaris, back in the day.

Some were, but really more like 2-5 depending on how you define "part of" (mod, active poster or registed member).

surely the Refuge is now officially recognized by Spiderweb ... All that's remaining is a link in Spiderweb's General Forum header

The concept of "the" SW satellite is a relatively recent invention. While Desperance, Polaris, Shadow Vale and Calamity Refuge are the most memorable and long-lived satellites, only the latter two were the only ones in their time, and none of them were ever recognized on the SW forum in any official status. For the precise reason those satellites existed in the first place: To communicate more freely than an official company forum permits.

(Specific Blades communities are a different story of course. I'm pretty sure the Lyceum once had a place in the BoE forum header.)

Actually pretty funny, given Polaris's origins as an anti-mod union. Anti certain mods, at least.

There have been forums linked to from forum headers and even, I think, from the Spiderweb Software website, but none were in any way official. They were just recognized fansites and good sources for something, be it information or social.

—Alorael, who thinks the only mods who were ever really active on Polaris were himself and Aran. It's been years, though, and he could be forgetting people.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Hey, so I was being nostalgic and looking at the PPP earlier, and I was also being stupid and using Facebook earlier at the same time *gasp*, and I noticed two things. First, that it was Archmage Alex's birthday, and second, that Archmage Alex made some awesome cartoons, some of which still pop in milestone threads..

So, on the off-chance that he still lurks around here from time to time (since he clearly does not reply to FB messages) have this, Brody:

birthday.gif

• 6 months later...