A HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOPIC!

Trenton.

It needn't be that black and white. If someone registered a couple of months ago and made one hundred posts in that time, they're probably deserving of birthday greetings. If they havent been active for a while but has over a thousand posts to their name and the potential for lurking (Andraste, TM), that's also fine.

Use your best judgement.

I'd say there's an even simpler way of deciding who should get birthday greetings. If they're active, even if they're new, go for it! If they're inactive, unless you really have reason to suspect lurking I'd suggest not posting anything.

—Alorael, whose opinion is of the curmudgeonly variety. When he was your age people said happy birthday in private messages.

You all want something to be really scared about? It's my birthday as well.

Happy birthday Aran, Trenton's mom, Master1's mom,

as well as to one of my co-workers who has coded so closely to the hardware in the area of multiplexors that he actually speaks ASCII. And don't ask him a stupid question, he'll give you a stupid answer in ANSI.\

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Non-alcoholic cider is delicious. It's a fruit juice, but on the thick side for juice, and it really bears very little resemblance to alcoholic cider.

—Alorael, who likes both, for different reasons. It took him a while to come around to alcoholic cider after growing up with the kid-friendly version, and it helped for him to think of it as an entirely different beverage just sharing the name by coincidence.

what even is the point of non-alcoholic cider

come to that what even is the point of non-alcoholic anything

Until recently I didn't even know "cider" could mean just juice. I thought that was just called apple juice (clear or natural), cider was fermented juice, and "hard cider" was some kind of distilled apple brandy in the same vein as "hard liquor".